What does NINTENDO plan to do about PS HOME?

PS3 Home sounds quite good, a virtual world in which to talk / interact with others.

Shame Nin. aren't going to do this.f

At the moment, there is very little to do with Mii(s).

scubasteve said:
wat do u mean by "do their own little thing" they dont do anything...everytime i go to mii plaza and parade they just walk around...why do u need to "check up on them". not tryin to bash u at all im just wondering if there is an option im missing out on.

Yes they do NOT do anything...hence they are doing their own thing...whatever it may be. With Sony's home you're going to have to deal with everything about the person you create. You just proved my point...and yeah you were trying to bash me...except in your attempt to flame me you made no new points at all.

^^He meant thats what Nintendo COULD do. As in changing the Mii channel to more of an online 'Mii World'

Sorry to bother you guys but I am a bit lost. Could someone explain to me what PS HOME is? All I know is that it is supposed to be really cool. Does it cost money?

I think this idea was there from the start. Obviously they needed Online first. I'll come and it'll be better than the PS version [Cartoon Style > Realistic Style]

Borch712ers said:
Could someone explain to me what PS HOME is? All I know is that it is supposed to be really cool. Does it cost money?

PS Home Video

Thread On PS Home

Last edited:
Yeah like alot of people said, we have the SIms coming out, also we have Animal crossing so this feature would just be a down graded version of those games.

Wow...I just watched that video and Sony's home is AMAZING. I have been a nintendo fan for life but oh my god this kicks the **** out of mii. To answer the topic question...no matter what nintendo does it wont do anything about home. Even if nintendo tried to produce a home-like world two major things would backfire 1) The graphics would be terrible (Yes I do like gameplay of graphics, but you have to admit) so it wouldnt be realistic at all (which is why I presume nintendo went with the simplistic miis) and 2) The system would slow WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYy down. Load times would be unbearable.

So simply put, Nintendo cant do anything to match it. BUT they might be able to come up with something completely different that could be nearly as cool.

Oh, and btw: I really think that all you people that are saying that 'Home is dumb' and 'I wouldnt have time for that, I want to play games not live in a virtual world'. Go on, admit it: Home is AWSOME. I give props to sony for making something so great. We all know your nintendo fanboys so we wont bash you if you admit that home is cool. :wink:

Nintendo wont even consider it.

The man in charge of Nintendo has stated he feels the same way as the founder. Nintendo wants to be simple and fun, with gameplay as its focus. This means, graphics and secondary features are not really a priority to them.

Nintendo has always been about being different and they will NOT copy another consoles idea. Why do you think they were so stuck on cartriges over cds, because it was being used by other consoles. It took them long enough to realise they would not get many third party publishers with cargriges anymore and they could save a lot of money by using cds and dvds.

anyways, nintendo doesnt care and wont try to match it with a similar product. If they do anything, it will be completely different. Right now though, they dont need to as their main selling point is the wiirote itself.

I don't expect any kind of social game from Nintendo. That is not what they think is good for young people to get their hands on. I don't agree with this at all. I think Nintendo's aim at all audiences (a lot for the younger) is hurting them in the long run.

PS Home is great, but is ultimately a copy of the Miis and second life. I want Nintendo to REALLY think about what they can do with the Miis. The popularity contest channel they have coming up doesn't sound to promising. I'm really wondering how they are going to do this. They can't always do best looking because, let's face it, there aren't that many clothes/features to the Mii system.

But I really want Nintendo to call out Sony on this. Sony takes really good ideas from people, and waits to see what people want and what features they could do, and generally make their own version, usually with just raw power and not much imagination at all.

Nintendo, it's your move... [that sounded pretty cool ;)]

Shiftfallout said:
Nintendo wont even consider it.

The man in charge of Nintendo has stated he feels the same way as the founder. Nintendo wants to be simple and fun, with gameplay as its focus. This means, graphics and secondary features are not really a priority to them.

Nintendo has always been about being different and they will NOT copy another consoles idea. Why do you think they were so stuck on cartriges over cds, because it was being used by other consoles. It took them long enough to realise they would not get many third party publishers with cargriges anymore and they could save a lot of money by using cds and dvds.

anyways, nintendo doesnt care and wont try to match it with a similar product. If they do anything, it will be completely different. Right now though, they dont need to as their main selling point is the wiirote itself.
meh
its all BS
all they care about is money
n64 used cartridages because nintendo didnt think they would go out of use

Sovieto said:
meh
its all BS
all they care about is money
n64 used cartridages because nintendo didnt think they would go out of use

nintendo was actually working with sony pre-playstation. something happened and nintendo dropped sony and the idea of a cd based system. Sony got its revenge by continuing to work on it... the birth of playstation. Nintendo wasnt to happy because it became a huge success. However, nintendo is known for its subborness, it would try to beat the playstation with using cargtriges. Only, cartriges were MORE expensive and third party developers hated them.

Businesses are about money yet, but nintendo always has had a bit of stubborn pride with their business model.

i always just assumed the idea of the mii was for online, pretty much a Sims style setup... if they have a world to play in maybe i wouldnt doubt it really.. probably just be a cheep version of sims online... as for gameplay for online gaming i hope that dont make it all that complicated... i dont want to put the game in load the game go into the mii online world find the game server then people to play... i just want to toss it in hit online play, and then play
it doesnt have to be complicated just be able to invite people you know to play with you, with some kinda chat setup...

a mii world would just be a bonus for when your bored and wanna mess around

Back