What ever happend to N64???

It's funny that Nintendo can't add online play, while some of the PS3 and Xbox 360 downloaded classic games are now online.

jlspec said:
It's funny that Nintendo can't add online play, while some of the PS3 and Xbox 360 downloaded classic games are now online.

Emulators for the PC have no problems adding online play for the most part. Hopefully they can do something about it, if not I'm not complaining, the games are still classic. I'd really love to wrestle online with Revenge, or have a shootout in Goldeneye online.

Man, if we could do that, I'd play it all day. To dark, its not about the liscence its the engine and the create a wrestler that make em so great, all federations could be represented. My emulator works just fine with em, it's just the real fun is playing against other people. They could make it online with stat tracking, have a league and belts and everything 8) I'd play .

mk_south_london said:
i thought online gaming isnt available let alone on wii games?
you mean like all consoles like the XBOX and Playstations? Or do you mean just nintendo? If you mean just Nintendo, that dosen't mean that they can't do that with Wii games, I mean, they went from a cartridge to to a CD didn't they? What's to say they won't do the same thing with online games?

If you meant all consoles like the Playstations and the XBOX, the XBOX introduced online gaming with XBOX Live as far as I know, and I have a PS2, and I played THPS 3 and 4 online, well, until my NIC fried, now it can't go online anymore:mad:, and I also have an XBOX 360 with HALO 2, and I played it online, so I know for a fact that there are consoles and console games that are online. Now as for the GCN/N64/S-NES not being online, the NES and the SNES were out before the online gaming craze, for N64, same thing, before online gaming craze, for the GCN (gamecube), it DID have an attachment where it could go online, but either it was for dial-up or only allowed LAN play, now that we have the Wii, it has connection to broadband internet over a wired or wireless connection, and it is built in, so there is a higher chance that there will be online games

Just curious, but I keep reading posts saying that Rare games will not be available on the VC, due to licencing issues, but next month Donky Kong Country is coming out, which is a Rare game...

So why is everyone saying Rare games won't be available?

elmo_999 said:
what ever happened to n64 you ask hmmmmm...
its in my room with south park and paper mario beside it.

I meant on the Virtual Console

Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive beat Xbox to the online gaming. In Japan some SNES and Sega Mega Drive games were already online.

For the 12th time let me explain why. If anyone ever played emulated N64 roms they know that it's hard to port N64 games. This was also when 3d technology was brand new. They aren't getting these games off the internet, they are getting the raw code from the companies and reformating them to another system.

Result: Nintendo will need more time to launch N64 VC games. Email Nintendo to hire more people to work on VC.

does anyone out there know hoe to play elibits. I have a younger brother who can't figure out how to open doors. thanks.

Back