What Happened to Discussion?

Just my opinion, you understand, but in the last few weeks this place has got better. Less 'attitude' from some of those who think they have a god given right to stamp all over others, more friendly conversation. I'm not going to be childish and lay the blame at anyones door, but the timing of one resignation and the general sigh of relief seems to be mighty close.

@Belmont - thing is...... once you've had the "my wii is great" discussion a few times then it does get boring, hence the activity in the lounge areas here..... But, with the release of each great game (they will come) then our collective interest will be rekindled. [/promise]

haha i agree i was just thinking that. But i dont think i ever had a discussion about how awesome my wii is i just like talking about video games and the directions they are going in and who is developing what and what rumors do we think is true and things of that nature. If you know what i am saying.

Belmont said:
haha i agree i was just thinking that. But i dont think i ever had a discussion about how awesome my wii is i just like talking about video games and the directions they are going in and who is developing what and what rumors do we think is true and things of that nature. If you know what i am saying.

i believe MP:3, SSBB, and Galaxy will determine if the wii will be an overall success. so far 95% of games that have come out have been garbage. and although theres some good games coming in the future, there are only a few good ones that have been announced. I can only think of about 10 good games that have even been announced. thats not very good.

SSBB rux lul PS3 sux lul.

...seriously though, there isnt much to discuss. its like, yeah ok, the wii is out and err, zelda was cool. that is was, yup. and uh, how about that internet channel? annoying as ****, innit?

i love my wii to death, but i personally cant think of much to discuss about the thing, you know? its a console with motion sensor controls, which is pretty awesome. ok, what else?

the wii has been out for almost a year already, we know everything there is to know about it and well, everything remotely pertaining to it has been discussed. unless they release a new wii (which will happen eventually), i think its understandable that the games or troubleshooting would be the main focus of any discussions.

so yeah, just my 2 cents.

Nemoso said:
SSBB rux lul PS3 sux lul.

...seriously though, there isnt much to discuss. its like, yeah ok, the wii is out and err, zelda was cool. that is was, yup. and uh, how about that internet channel? annoying as ****, innit?

i love my wii to death, but i personally cant think of much to discuss about the thing, you know? its a console with motion sensor controls, which is pretty awesome. ok, what else?

the wii has been out for almost a year already, we know everything there is to know about it and well, everything remotely pertaining to it has been discussed. unless they release a new wii (which will happen eventually), i think its understandable that the games or troubleshooting would be the main focus of any discussions.

so yeah, just my 2 cents.

I'd say the exact opposite actually. I'd say that we haven't even scraped the surface with all the different combinations and possibilities of threads on the Nintendo Wii. Also, not to mention there is a PS3, 360, DS, GC and Retro section of the forum. That's a ton of discussion waiting to be un-earthed.

I say we start turning this site to more of like a Tournament Site just were people can enjoy fun games wit each other ive seen some Tournaments hosted but only by a few people I believe if we can extend this we will become much more popular

@FR.

i could probably come up with 100 things to discuss about a dog turd, but it doesnt mean every topic is interesting or worth discussing.

you know what i like about the wii? that blue light. could the awesomeness of the blue light be discussed by many? sure, but a bunch of people talking about a thin blue light would be pretty...stupid.

so yeah, of course theres ****tons of topics that remain to be "un-earthed" but it doesnt mean they're all good ones.

haha seems like the only thing to talk about these days is the poor discussion on this site haha.

Belmont said:
haha seems like the only thing to talk about these days is the poor discussion on this site haha.

Thing is though, like others have said, you just have to find the right place, or start your own. This kinda thread will lead to good and bad discussion, I would like to see more good then bad personally.

oh i agree and i really hope some good discussion comes of this at least i am trying to start some.

Tournaments would be great 2 but I think we need more online games for that ;)

Yea this discussion is great. Maybe this is going to be a role-discussion for all other discussions on this forum ;)

Belmont said:
oh i agree and i really hope some good discussion comes of this at least i am trying to start some.

I'm with you on that one. If people can come up with a topic that gets others talking then that is a good thing. The funniest thing that can happen is a thread like this though where people discuss why people aren't discussing things.........

Back