What happens after brawl?

Nichelfish said:
I'm not asking this to be a **** but rather I'm curious as I haven't been able to find anything myself on it - is there a source anywhere that confirms or at least hints at, there being a Star Fox Wii?

After Mario Kart, Nintendo's next big hit will probably be Star Fox Wii.
Its in development from what I understand, and they are going back to the N64ish days, as well as implementing new stuff. Should be good.

jimbo said:
well nintendo do more than microsoft and sony..

ok and about great games you havent played any of these games so you dont no much about them and tbh it's what you like so some people might find no more heroes (for example) great but you dislike it

Microsoft and Sony do almost nothing compared to Nintendo, all they know how to do is find good developers to work with for publishing exclusives.

and yes, exactly. No one has played it so no one knows how good it is. So no one can say its gonna be great. So far previewers have said its looking decent, but nothing great. Btw, FYI I like No More Heroes. But im a realist, I dont overhype things. I like to wait until its released to say whether its great, good, decent, bad, horrible, etc.

I was hoping for SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, and eventually VC online. But the VC online was closed by Reggie who said in 2008 Nintendo has no plans for online VC (he said it was possible but something they aren't persuing). All the friends I grew up with playing those games have moved away, I moved away (I'm 28). The only way I'll reconnect with that crowd is online. I hope Nintendo realizes this. Classic VC means you need people who also were from that era to appreciate the experience in a multiplayer setting.

I can't find kids and say, "Hey! Want to play some Mario Kart for the SNES?" They'll say, "But I got Halo 3."

It's a generation gap that can only be filled by making VC online multiplayer.

im not sure if any of these sound GREAT...... harvest moon.... meh.... animal crossing.... meh.... Mario kart....hell yea

T3kNi9e said:
Microsoft and Sony do almost nothing compared to Nintendo, all they know how to do is find good developers to work with for publishing exclusives.

and yes, exactly. No one has played it so no one knows how good it is. So no one can say its gonna be great. So far previewers have said its looking decent, but nothing great. Btw, FYI I like No More Heroes. But im a realist, I dont overhype things. I like to wait until its released to say whether its great, good, decent, bad, horrible, etc.

Fair enough, but your point doesn't exactly make sense, as you have called games good and bad even when you hadn't played em'. But you won't do it for No More Heroes?

Dont give up on Nintendo dude. Im sure they will release great as games always.

Also

Sonic Riders 2:Zero Gravity
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sambe De Amigo

SEGA FTW!

T3kNi9e said:
I said NINTENDO, Not Wii. Also I said great games, not just good.

The following are NOT Nintendo:

No More Heroes (Maybe good game, definately not great)
Monster Hunter 3 (LOOKS like good game, but last game reviewed crappy)
Fragile (And no one even knows how this will be, nothing really released)
Red Steel 2 (It has a chance of being a good game, highly doubt great)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (I doubt this will be a great game, probably just good)
Sadness (No one knows anything, but it sounds good)
FPS the sadness guy working on (yea okay, this sounds "great" lol)
Zack & Wiki (Like you said, Rumors)
Final Fantasy (There's so many FF games, not all of them are good)

The following ARE Nintendo:

Mario Kart Wii (I said AFTER Mario Kart)
Animal Crossing (This game is possibly a good game, looks childesh to me)
Kirby Wii (This game was cancelled)
Star Fox (This game hasnt been announced as being under devopment)

So as you can see, there are no definite great games coming.
Great games from Nintendo to me?

Metroid Prime 3
Zelda: TP
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario (I duno if this is great, I personally think it LOOKS great, but it seems to have decent ratings, but it seems to be underrated)

So yea, after Mario Kart Wii there isnt gonna be any great Nintendo game for a while.

"Definite good games"? There's no such thing! You're limiting yourself to Nintendo-only games? Foolish mistake!

You can't be sure a game is good until after you've already played it. You're labeling games far before they're released!

It's as if you want the review score before the game is even finished.

A lot like saying. "There are no good Nintendo only games coming out after the last announced Nintendo developed game".

It's still 2007, man. They won't announce every 2008 game in 2007... Try to be a bit open minded, yes?

Ahh damn, I had my responses typed up and I accidently closed it.

to Wii: I didnt call any game bad. Im just saying chances are they will only be decent to good games. Nothing great... How do I know that for No More Heroes? I dont know for sure, but chances are leaning towards a decent game, but nothing more. Previewers have been saying its looking pretty fun, but nothing groundbreaking. So it will probably be an 7.5-8 on reviews, I hope...

to Atomic: Like I said above, i dont know for exact sure, but the chances are leaning away from it being great games, besides SSBB and Mario Kart. Sadness COULD be great, but there isnt even screen shots, or previews yet... So its very impossible to know, aside from that... Its not a Nintendo game, Sadness is being developed by "Nibris"

And no im not limiting myself to Nintendo games. The original poster asked whats next for NINTENDO, not the Wii. Hell my favorite game on the Wii is from Capcom, not Nintendo.

As for other games that could be after Mario Kart. Its possible, but if you read my original post I said "After Mario Kart. I dont think Nintendo will have anything else GREAT. Probably a few good games but nothing special for a while." Also, Nintendo tends to announced their games a long time ahead. Mario Kart was announced exactly August 23, 2007 at E3 and was mentioned in an interview for Nintendo Power after the release of Mario Kart DS. So if anything great is coming for Nintendo, chances are it wont be any sooner than Late 2008/Early 2009.

Now you guys have to realize, I never said anything I said was 100% for sure. I said I THINK and my OPINIONS. Hell I could be wrong, maybe tomorrow Nintendo announced the new Zelda to be released in Summer of 08. But I doubt it, why? Because Zelda: TP was announced back in 2004 and was released late 2006.

AtomicB said:
Well patience is a virtue. And one of the reason TP came out so late was because they redirected it from Gamecube to Wii. Soooo... I don't know...

Just- be patient!

you're probably right. It takes time to port a game. But, you know... I always pray im wrong about some of the things I say. That way I can be more happy ;)

wombateer said:
After galaxy, after Brawl... maybe Mario retires... gets a big fat bonus from Nintendo and buys himself PS3, stocks up beer and cigarettes and plays COD 4 till he dies.

haha lol prolly NOT.

Back