what happens if you download games and ur system dies?

pretzston

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2008
can u back them up and put them on a new system they send you? credit u with downloads?

pretzston said:
can u back them up and put them on a new system they send you? credit u with downloads?
Stop using "u" and "ur" in place of "you" and "your" and then we'll talk.

You can back them up on an SD card, but not transfer them to a new Wii. They will only work with your current Wii. If you send your Wii in to Nintendo if it breaks, they should be able to transfer your games to the replacement Wii, or give you access to download them again.

The best thing is to link your My Nintendo account with your Wii Shop channel account, because that will have the games you download added to your MyNintendo registered games sections, and they would be able to tell that you aren't just making up a bunch of games that you really didn't have.

I forget how to use it, but it's under the main shop channel window somewhere. Maybe options. You have to already be registered on nintendo.com, and if you have already downloaded games they will not show up there after linked. If you send an email to Nintendo with your Wii registration information they should be able to add them within 24 hours. It helps if you send the email to them from the email account you opened the Nintendo account with, just for verification. They added them quickly for me, at least.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a few related questions.

How can you check which VC games you have downloaded for your account?
Can you check it online on MyNintendo, or do you have to call Nintendo?
If you can check it online, what section of the website can you find it at? Because I can see my registered Wii games on MyNintendo but I can;t find a list of my VC games.

P.S. I have already linked my MyNintendo account on the Wii before I downloaded any VC games.

Linking your Wii to your Nintendo.com account won't do any good when it comes to replacing your Wii and transferring games.

If you send your Wii to Nintendo for repair, they will transfer your content to the replacement system. There is no other way, you can't do it yourself.

Skippy said:
Linking your Wii to your Nintendo.com account won't do any good when it comes to replacing your Wii and transferring games.

If you send your Wii to Nintendo for repair, they will transfer your content to the replacement system. There is no other way, you can't do it yourself.

Linking it to your Nintendo account is similar to getting a receipt. It will be documented what games you downloaded, and help in recovery. What if the hard drive on your Wii goes bad, and there is no way for them to tell what games you had?

pretzston said:

if you link your my nintendo to the wii shop and you have to get a new wii for whatever reason, you might get your games back, but other than that... your scrwed.

I know that when you send your wii in they are able to put the games you had on the new one that they send you back. It is rumoured that the "matinence mode" on the wii is what makes this tranfer of games possible for the wii technicians.

Back