What happens when you sell a used Wii, code wise?

Joshieca

Oh yeah, its me!
Feb 19, 2007
San Diego - Prescott (School)
So we all know that sometime this year colored Wii's will be out....and if I want to sell my "vanilla" Wii for a black one, is there any way to reset the Wii code to get a different one or to transfer it to a new Wii? Or are these things pretty much hardware address based and they stay with the unit?

Good question!

I know you can wipe most of the settings by taking out the battery for a while and i have also heard that nintendo can transfer saves and wii points over from a faulty Wii...but as for wii codes...hmmmm?

I'd quite like to know that one aswell.

Byuakuya said:
the codes are attached to that particular unit. so are the VC games which you may have downloaded.

That sucks, so you can't take it with you then....even the VC games...something needs to be done to change that.

Buy the black wii... switch the hardware from case to case and then sell the "new hardware" vanilla wii

Joshieca said:
That sucks, so you can't take it with you then....even the VC games...something needs to be done to change that.
i think ninty did this to prevent illegal distribution of VC games. you may download it and pass it on to your friends for free and ninty will lose money. so they brought that out to prevent this.

Joshieca said:
So we all know that sometime this year colored Wii's will be out....and if I want to sell my "vanilla" Wii for a black one, is there any way to reset the Wii code to get a different one or to transfer it to a new Wii? Or are these things pretty much hardware address based and they stay with the unit?
Someone had posted in another thread I was just looking at somewhere around here with a link to a site that had over 100 wii skins that actually looked really well done. I don't remember the link, but if you look around, you could probably find it. I guess that way you don't have to sell/replace your wii and you can get more than a bland color.

wingflex said:
Go to decalgirl.com and get a skin.

Those skins suck, they don't cover the whole Wii so you are left with lots of white strips on the Wii....the skins only look good if you get ones which are mainly white in color.

Back