What is the best kind of SD card to get for the wii?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
What is the best kind of Sd card to get for the wii. I dont want to get 1 that hasent worked well with it. Whats the best??

The SD card is to save all the games right?

The SD card is to save games

and anything that isn't over 2gb works

I am not sure if some brands work better than others they are all really just the same thing.

check out www.gamewalks.com

i heard there r brands. whats the most popular one and that there hasent been a problem with?

Wiitime said:
What is the best kind of Sd card to get for the wii. I dont want to get 1 that hasent worked well with it. Whats the best??

The SD card is to save all the games right?

First, you don't need a SD card to save games nor can you save directly to one; you have to save to the internal memory and the transfer the save over to the SD card as a "backup".

Second, if you want to know more info about what SD cards work and what don't use the search function; it has already been discussed. There are threads that tell you what will and won't work.

aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

Chunk said:
The SD card is to save games

and anything that isn't over 2gb works

You are false in both statements you made. As I said before, you can't save directly to the SD card. Cards over 2GB can work if they are not SDHC.

csiguy4u said:
First, you don't need a SD card to save games nor can you save directly to one; you have to save to the internal memory and the transfer the save over to the SD card as a "backup".

Second, if you want to know more info about what SD cards work and what don't use the search function; it has already been discussed. There are threads that tell you what will and won't work.

View attachment 1432

This reply was good until you got to the second point.

You do not want to buy it ther you can get a 1gb sd card for $15 easily just catch it while it is on sale.

i am still confused whats the point of it? When am i suppose to use it? if everything gets saved to the internal memory, then when do i use it....

Sorry, i am confused..

Get the Nintendo brand Sd card. It is made specifically for the wii. Comes in 1GB and 2 GB.

Wiitime said:
ok, i have searched the forums, but i have 1 question. How does it work? Do i use it b4 the wii is full of memory???? Would a 1gb be enough?
so this would work for example http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=102587&cmArea=SEARCH

are they all $60 for a 1 gb?

The Wii won't fill up it's memory for quite a while unless you download EVERY VC title as they come out. Right now it works like this: you save to the internal flash memory, when you want to remove something off the internal memory you have to go to the options menu and copy it to the SD and delete it off the internal memory; when you want to use it again you have to copy it back to the Wii. . .at least unless they create an update that changes this.

That expensive for an SD of 1GB size. 1 GB SD for $16 is a good price:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820160032

When you download VC games you can save them to your SD card. You can also put photos in your SD card from your PC (you will need a flash card reader, or an adapter) so you can view them on Wii. You can also use a program that converts movies into a format that Wii can recognize and play by putting them into your SD card, than to the Wii for viewing. 'Wii Video 9' I believe it's called.

Wiitime said:
i am still confused whats the point of it? When am i suppose to use it? if everything gets saved to the internal memory, then when do i use it....

Sorry, i am confused..

There is no point in buying one right now unless you want to use the photo channel to display pics that are on the SD card.

Back