What is the best kind of SD card to get for the wii?

Esco27 said:
When you download VC games you can save them to your SD card.

False. VC games go straight to the internal flash memory; there is no option to save to a SD card. You can copy them over to the SD card later but once a VC games is removed from the internal flash memory you can't play it until you copy it back or re-download it.

ok thanks guys, yeah i dont think i need one yet.... I was just thinking about it if i end up getting excite truck, i wanted to hear my music on it... here is a quick question.... Excite truck or Nfs???? I cant decide.

Bulldogxx831 said:
Get the Nintendo brand Sd card. It is made specifically for the wii. Comes in 1GB and 2 GB.

Those are overpriced and since SD is a worldwide standard, Wii SD cards are no different than other brands other than the label on the card.

Wiitime said:
ok thanks guys, yeah i dont think i need one yet.... I was just thinking about it if i end up getting excite truck, i wanted to hear my music on it... here is a quick question.... Excite truck or Nfs???? I cant decide.

NFS, rented it this weekend and definatley thinking about buying it. Customizing your cars is fun to me.

thats wut i heard... the only thing thats stopping me r the controls.. I heard nfs is hard. But thats the 1 i think i really want. How were the controls?

Wiitime said:
thats wut i heard... the only thing thats stopping me r the controls.. I heard nfs is hard. But thats the 1 i think i really want. How were the controls?

Different that previous versions, took me a bit to pickup, but overall not that bad for me after practicing a bit.

i have never played other versions.... would u say otherwise its a fun game and possilble to learn the controls? lol

do u know how i add a picture to my signature???/ ( i know off topic lol)

thanks!!! i think i am going to get NFS!!

csiguy4u said:
False. VC games go straight to the internal flash memory; there is no option to save to a SD card. You can copy them over to the SD card later but once a VC games is removed from the internal flash memory you can't play it until you copy it back or re-download it.

Err yeah that's what I meant :smilewinkgrin:

EDIT: NFS: Carbon is hell of a fun game. Drifting is awesome. I have it for the PC, but I don't know how easy it will be with Wii's controls (especially drifting) when you unlock Tier 3 cars, it'll be eye-candy.

i bought a 2 gig sd card and what do you know they go on sale this week. as it was they were 1/2 price :mad2: ya nfs is hard especially the canyon and drift races. one day i'll beat it...maybe.

Wiitime said:
do u know how i add a picture to my signature???/ ( i know off topic lol)

Back