What is the fuss about?

the great thing about zelda games is that it isnt just one genre it is so many snoosh into a tasty morcel of gaming genious it is a game that even if you havent played before it will hook you right it is hard to imagine without actually playing one

I've never played it but hopefully will of by this christmas.When is the new Zelda released?

Ronan said:
what is so good about zelda games? i have never played one, is it good?

Same questions about metroid as well.
It depends on your tastes in games
Zelda is a action adventure (not an rpg) game if you like that type of game try it (you can get wind waker/zelda classics disc to give you a taster

as for (3d) metriod I dont like it

TankedCon said:
I've never played it but hopefully will of by this christmas.When is the new Zelda released?
Its a launch title so you'll be able to get it when the wii console is released in your country.

Last edited:
Ronan said:
what is so good about zelda games? i have never played one, is it good?

Same questions about metroid as well.
Zelda is a classic saga. It's adventure mixed with action. In my opinion, one of the best Zelda titles is Ocarina Of Time. It is superb and you can play as young Link and old Link. It is (correct me if I'm wrong) the first title to shift from night to day in real time - and with real differences in what you can do (e.g. Cannot go into certain shops at night, some people may be in different places etc). It's really engaging, and one of the really hooking things for me (I know it may sound a bit stupid) is wanting to get the next item - because you see puzzles which you need to have something else to complete, and it gives you a satisfaction every time you get a new item, because you instantly open up new doors.

Similar thing in Metroid I found. Although I've only played Metroid Prime (Damn old TV), I really got into it for a similar reason. It makes it all the more exciting when you lose most of your abilities in the the first 5 minutes of the game - a real sense of vulnerability, which is overcome whenever you get an upgrade. Plus the storylines for both are also intriguing. I think it's just the fact that the two series have the right amount of Action:Story ratio. You're not simply going around blasting things, and you're not simply interacting with a film.

And I hope many more titles have these qualities.

It is a sandbox RPG crossed with an action adventure. Although, like in most action adventure games, there are no stats to tweak or levels to gain. Although, like in most RPGs, there is a currency (which can be spent on weapons/potions/etc), you can go anywhere you want, and there is still a good amount of emphasis on dialogue due to the games generally being story-based.

Darkprinny said:
It depends on your tastes in games
Zelda is a action adventure (not an rpg) game if you like that type of game try it (you can get wind waker/zelda classics disc to give you a taster

as for (3d) metriod I dont like it

There are RPG elements, well what I consider RPGish, which is improving your stats, and it seems like it will be way more RPG-like in this one.

well, try beating the whole ocarina of time and u will know that feeling WE zelda fan's get... these big places to see and getting the forse, the feeling u get when u have beaten a boss, the memories u get when u find ur n64 after 4 years and start playing the game againg:p ( that happened to me lol)
just buy a zelda game and finish it. the 3d ones are the best.

I can't imagine how anyone could dislike Zelda, honestly. It's just so epic.

As the above post said, go play Ocarina of Time. It's just as impressive as it was 9 years ago, if not moreso. The scale is absolutely amazing, there's just so much to do, so much to see. The minor details are incredible and I doubt you'll be able to find such an immersive game if you looked your whole life.
The gameplay is always tweaked PERFECTLY. It's just a joy to play. I've wasted over 500 hours on Ocarina probably, if not more..

Last edited:
Zelda was just all-around amazing....best adventure game of its time.....and i still think so today......and Metroid Prime is just an excellent FPS/Adventure game thats just a hell of alot of fun.....get both for the Wii is my recommendation

zelda is one of the best games of all time plp just dont like it because there inst any blood YOU DONT NEED BLOOD IN VIDEO GAMES unless its zombie games you definely need gore in zombie games

Back