What Is The PS3 Really Worth?

hotpotato78 said:
OMG i am not saying you said it is to high. I am saying it isn't too high. But it is expensive. you turn around and said well i don't think it is expensive. From right there it is like your disagreeing with me. you keep saying the average gamer is 30 and i don't think so no matter what statistics say. Dude you got problems i am just talking you know. sorry if it might come off different but i am just talking.......My hold point is, the game is expensive anyway whether they cut down the price or not.

See thats your problem. You ignore facts. You believe that whatever is right in your head is there for correct. If someone came up to you as a child and said "Cheese comes from animals", you would say "I dont believe it, I think it comes from the moon", and the person says "here see they are making cheese from cows over there", you would end up saying "nuh uh, I dont believe it, stop calling the wii kiddie".

The average gamer is over 30 years old, this is not some from just anyone, but the ESA.

Also dont forget you responded with "SO FOR THE LAST TIME SHIFT, I AM NOT SAYING THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH BUT I AM SAYING IT IS HIGH"
When i mentioned nothing about the price being too high. You are seriously in denile, and whenever its brought to your attention you freak out and say "hah shift you make me laugh" and then go off on some other tangent. Stop reading into things that are not there, stop over reacting, grow up. Thats all you have to do.

Lmao you make me laugh mann. yeah people are saying that nintendo is kiddie. But often times games and toys are together. So then that would make the ps3 kiddie huh? I feel like a game should be to everyones grasps not the people who are working and can avoid to spend $600

And there you go again. What you want rather than what is. Your feelings are not reality.

Shiftfallout said:
See thats your problem. You ignore facts. You believe that whatever is right in your head is there for correct. If someone came up to you as a child and said "Cheese comes from animals", you would say "I dont believe it, I think it comes from the moon", and the person says "here see they are making cheese from cows over there", you would end up saying "nuh uh, I dont believe it, stop calling the wii kiddie".

To bad that analogy doesn''t work here lol. YOu need to sort out your analogies dude. if i didn't know, i would say how is it made from animals. That's what questions are their for shift. if you don't know ask or research it.

The average gamer is over 30 years old, this is not some from just anyone, but the ESA.
The problem with statistics is, it doesn't have to be reality which i am trying to say to you.... Most of the gamers i know are in the teens to 25. Another thing with that stats is, how many people they ask and what was the age group around their and which age group had more people their. It's not like they did a census. So that's my problem with the stats. If i know those questions their then i may agree with you more. but not because statistics say most boys go to jail by 18. That sdoesn't mean that me and you doesn't have a choice but to go to jail. We can make a difference but this is why i say, it doesn't have to be reality.

Also dont forget you responded with "SO FOR THE LAST TIME SHIFT, I AM NOT SAYING THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH BUT I AM SAYING IT IS HIGH"
When i mentioned nothing about the price being too high. You are seriously in denile, and whenever its brought to your attention you freak out and say "hah shift you make me laugh" and then go off on some other tangent. Stop reading into things that are not there, stop over reacting, grow up. Thats all you have to do.

I capitalize it so that i can make sure and let you know where i stand. for the last time i didnt said you did. I mean if my post and your post said the samething about the price. why you couldn't just say that you agree and kill the story. Shift you honestly sound like you were talking about your self.

hotpotato78 said:
Oh my God. lol shift you are truely sad. When i say average gamer i am meaning someone(not 30 year olds) who constantly buys and plays games. Not because statistics says it that doesn't mean it is true shift.... I truely feel as if you don't understand what i am say at all. Shift are you rich or don't have responsiblities? because right now i am thinking both..... the ps3 is expensive for a game but it is not expensive for what potential it holds. So what am i saying. i am trying to say that it may be worth it and even though it is not being sold for how much it is worth. it still is high for many gamers. $600 is alot to spend on any game regardless of who makes it. This is why i say leave games to being games and stop making it a multi tasks thing. right now sony has to settle for selling it for $600 when it is probably worth $1000 or more. So what i am saying is the ps3 is cheap and handy for it's price but the price is still high, it's not too high but it is high. So in doing that the game is to high tech for a game. sony maybe jump the gun but who knows. But making a game a multi task console. Will make it more expensive than it needs to be. When you go in stores you usually find games in the toy section or electronics section some times. you don't think $600 is to much for a toy? Toys were really meant for kids. But they label video games as toys.

SO FOR THE LAST TIME SHIFT, I AM NOT SAYING THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH BUT I AM SAYING IT IS HIGH

That section in bold was simply a continuation of my first post here. You should have notice that.

You know why i said you made me laugh? was because you totally miss the point i was trying to make. It has nothing to me feeling less of a person......... but you know what your post said. watch this. mines say it was high but not to high............. you came behind quoting me hitting me up for the average gamer when i was trying to refer to everyone.... you said i don't think it is expensive...

if you agreed with me then you could have say i agree with you for once. it isn't too expensive but you came behind and say i don't think it is expensive. It's like you disagreed with the part when i said it is to expensive for a game. but anyway i don't have time for this childish mind games you try to play. and you are telling me grow up when you can't resist to answer back everything jedi says to you. haha don't make me laugh

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
That section in bold was simply a continuation of my first post here. You should have notice that.

Im not going to waste my day arguing with you bahama joe.

I will point you did clearly respond by saying "Oh my God. lol shift you are truely sad." and "
SO FOR THE LAST TIME SHIFT I AM NOT SAYING THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH BUT I AM SAYING IT IS HIGH"

All i did was talk about the average gamer. You say its not too high but then go around say its high.. seriously, do you expect everyone to be mind readers? Are we supposed to magically know what you mean? Be clear and be precise. Your talking in circles.

Anyways im off to go pick up a ps3 and entertainment system with a friend. He doesnt have one yet, toodles.

yeah nice to see you leave your house for once lol..... we already had a debate on the average gamer unless your memory is short........... But anyway too means very if you didn't know. so i am saying it is not very expensive but it is expensive. you need to go back to english class because you ducked to much.......

Shiftfallout said:
Wait, werent you just complaining that people are saying Nintendo is a kiddie system and you are saying this?

sorry for double posting people but there was one thing i brought up.

Okay i was saying and still is saying that I hate nintendo being called a kiddie. Interesting you brought it up because you had to remember some other stuff i said. since you are so smart shift you should have figured out why i said that thing with the electronics and toy section.... We know the reason nintendo is being called kiddie is not because of what section, of a website or store it is found in. But because of the games that it has. Which the games are a good variety of genre. but they are never enough to the public and sony fanboys. So therefore nintendo is called kiddie. So i don't see why you brought it up when it is not the reason of nintendo being called kiddie. So if the section the console is placed in, is the case. then all the consoles games are kiddie. Now does that make sense shift? No it does not. So stop trying to get smart when you don't have nothing to say.....like i said the games are becoming more and more involved with technology so games are for every age instead of one...... Not all games are for kids and not all are for adults. which everyone can agree on. So even though games are in the toy section it is not only for kids which i understand. But i'm just saying if the games are counted as toys and toys are usually for kids.. Then the ps3 is a very expensive toy for kids and is too expensive. So that's a grown up toy just because of the price. i would never buy a ps3 my little cousin who is 8. that is to much money to spend on a toy for a kid.

omg... u guys done jumpin on eachother? this is a freakin forum to chat about wii, and yall always jumpin on some1. people on this forum just need to chill out. some1 is going to say some things that you might not agree with. dosent mean u have to jump on'em. let people state their opinions, and if u have somethin to say about their opinion, state it in a nice manner. im not neccessarily talkin about hotpotato and shitfallout, im talkin about 99.9% of the people here. (i bet some1 is gonna jump on me for sayin this, watch)

and the wii is not a kiddie game system. if it were kiddy, it really wouldnt have mature rated games and it wouldnt be played by adults. adult games, played by adults, not kiddie. adult=opposite of kiddie, its as simple as that. yea, u can say its the kiddiest of the 3, but u cant say its for kids. and like i posted earlier, no counsel sux, nor the ps3.(it sux as a GAMING COUNSEL)but the fact is this, the ps3 dosent suck, but its just gonna lose. it lost the first day it came out. thats just facts

Last edited:
Shoko said:
no counsel sux, nor the ps3.(it sux as a GAMING COUNSEL)but the fact is this, the ps3 dosent suck, but its just gonna lose.

oh, miss cleo.

Hey whats a counsel? A gaming counsel... is that like a bunch of fanboys sitting around a table, discussing plans to take over the world? A suxing counsel? is that like a group of people who .. er.. sux .. for a living?

hmmm I like it when people try to argue "facts" when their methods of communication has not passed the third grade level.

Thats still hard for me to believe, i googled the averaged gamers age, and it ranges from 23-41.

But i dont know how they could possibly find the numbers for the "average" gamer. I mean, do they do random surveys with calls and websites? Do they just see who buys the console and games? (because you arent gonna see to many 8 year olds walk in and buy a game console. Plus, m and t rated games) I really just cant think of any plausible ways to get a real fair tally of the "average gamers age."

Maybe someone else can...

nic7 said:
Thats still hard for me to believe, i googled the averaged gamers age, and it ranges from 23-41.

But i dont know how they could possibly find the numbers for the "average" gamer. I mean, do they do random surveys with calls and websites? Do they just see who buys the console and games? (because you arent gonna see to many 8 year olds walk in and buy a game console. Plus, m and t rated games) I really just cant think of any plausible ways to get a real fair tally of the "average gamers age."

Maybe someone else can...

This is why i said that statistics doesn't always have to be right. it all depends on how they went about to find that out lie you said

shift speaking of third grade lmao obviously you are slow. he spell console as counsel. Shift that is why you use context clues. I really hope you was joking because you would really look dumb at this point. but shift it shows me how mature you are to call me bahamas joe or whatever you said. You don't know nothing about my country so watch your self. you don't see me around here calling you by your country. you was the first person to do that. you are truely special

hotpotato78 said:
This is why i said that statistics doesn't always have to be right. it all depends on how they went about to find that out lie you said

shift speaking of third grade lmao obviously you are slow. he spell console as counsel. Shift that is why you use context clues. I really hope you was joking because you would really look dumb at this point. but shift it shows me how mature you are to call me bahamas joe or whatever you said. You don't know nothing about my country so watch your self. you don't see me around here calling you by your country. you was the first person to do that. you are truely special

yes it was a joke, was the sarcasm that hard to see or were you blind?

Is there something wrong or offensive with bahama joe? Joe is often used over here to refer to the common joe, or the common man so to speak.

Finally, i get it that you dont like me. You have two options, go away or bite me. Your choice.

I'd go with what a lot of other people are saying at around 400 without Blu-Ray.

With the Blu-Ray drive though, $600 is a steal considering stand alone blu-ray players are going to be what, $1000?

masterjedi you said"I'm paying to play high quality games"so besides zelda what else r u playing? you must be trying to say"im paying to play high quality ports"

Last edited:
Lets see Red Steel, Madden 07, Elebits, Trauma Center (which really isn't a port since it was built from the ground up and designed specifically for the Wii this time around). Super Paper Mario, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (port). Yes there are ports on the new Nintendo system. Continue to cry about it. We already know that there are ports on the Wii. These ports are developers trying to get a sense of how good their games will sell on the Wii and as more and more people get the Wii we'll see more original games. On top of that some of these ports are good and others are okay. And with PoP out I think we've officially moved out of the mainly ports territory.

i will give you super paper mario.i bought it and i really like it.brings back the old days with a twist .thats a good game but i got to say there are so many ports it sucks right now.i went out (like a dumbass ) and purchased medal of honor and wow talk about BAD.right now there are to many ports out,and i think devs are just porting it because its cheap and easy to do,i dont think there doing it to see if it will sell.of course it will sell there are 5 + million wii's out there.the wii doesnt have abunch of million sellers so if they spent the time to do it right the first time it would be alot better.why spend alot of money making somehting nice for the system when they can port there ps2 or GC game and save alot of money

Last edited:
Back