What is the sensor bar for?

yankeesrule13251

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
I just thought of some questions...
What is the sensor bar for? If you are playing madden, do i move or is it all controlled by the controller, so if i jump with the runner jump? Like in the preview for red steel, the kid went behind the chair or something, when he jumps out is that also in the game? Does the sensor bar detect what you are doing, so when he jumps out, in the game does the player jump out? Sorry, its hard to explain if i didnt explain it well. Please help

it just senses where the controller is and where its pointed. it doesnt know where you are or where your limbs are

so why in the preview of redsteel they would have that person moving the remote up and down whe he was about to kill someone. It seemed like it has a sensor to be able to detect movement. but i guess not.... so its just for the wii mote to move left/right?

yankeesrule13251 said:
so why in the preview of redsteel they would have that person moving the remote up and down whe he was about to kill someone. It seemed like it has a sensor to be able to detect movement. but i guess not.... so its just for the wii mote to move left/right?

That was just to make it look Intresting :)

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii...st-commonly-asked-nintendo-wii-questions.html
71. What is the sensor bar?

The sensor bar is an attachment which is required for games and applications that use the remote as an on-screen pointer. With the sensor bar it is possible to accurately pinpoint where on screen a Remote is pointing, regardless of the size or type of display used. The sensor bar is around 20 centimeters.

The sensor bar contains two sensors, one in each end, however it is not as of yet known if they are used for the on-screen pointer or for other uses such as triangulating the controller's position in 3D space

Please check the 101 FAQ before you post questions about the Wii, unless they are new things like the Wii Channels, but thoes are covered elsewhere and can be found with search.

In other words, no he just goes behind chairs and stuff for the video, don't bother what they do on the videos, they try to make it seem more in depth. It just detects posistion of the wiimote, not where you are

Back