What is *your* song?

Actually, we do kinda have a song. I nearly forgot, since we haven't really talked about it since December.
John Legend - PDA (We Just Don't Care).
I sang that one for him too!

Too bad rock doesn't lend itself to especially fitting lyrics to both our respective situations.

And I am NOT having Hey There Delilah. -_-;

My personal anthem?
Jimmy Eat World - A praise Chorus. It's a song that kind reminds me to have fun while i'm still young. And to not regret decisions.

Other than that......there is this girl. She's pretty much the ****. We're not in a relationship, but we hang out all the time and spend half the time kinda flirting indirectly.....you know how it goes. We've gotten real close and I kinda feel like it's gonna work out. Every time I hear "Echo" by Incubus it kinda makes me think of her:

"There's something about the look in your eyes
Something I noticed when the light was just right
It reminded me twice that I was alive
And it reminded me that you're so worth the fight

My biggest fear will be the rescue of me
Strange how it turns out that way, yeah

Could you show me dear... Something I've not seen?
Something infinitely interesting
Could you show me dear... Something I've not seen?
Something infinitely interesting

Theres something about the way you move
I see your mouth in slow motion when you sing
More subtle than something someone contrives
Your movements echo that I have seen the real thing"

Hey There Delilah is the most boring, monotonous and annoying song I've ever heard in my life. Its just the same thing over and over, no high points, no low points. Its one of the few songs that forces me to change the station when it comes on.

How long do you keep these *my song* things? Are you talking like, of all time, or right now?

Right now I'd have to go with First Time from Finger Eleven, although Good Times and Falling On don't seem to die.

I STILL WANT STARLIGHT, DAMNIT.

I think it's more of a right now thing for individuals, and a long-time thing for relationship songs.

And I agree with you completely on the Hey There Delilah comment. It's the only one she could think of with distance in it, though.

Brawny said:
It's the only one she could think of with distance in it, though.
One Thing by Finger Eleven seems to have eery similarities to your situation.

Is that the one that's like "If I traded it aaaaaall, if I knew all abouuuuut"?

Do you LIVE in your CP? XD

Yeah, I looked it up...the first verse could be construed to fit our situation, but then the rest makes no sense and is repeated for 3 minutes.

Brawny said:
Do you LIVE in your CP? XD

Yeah, I looked it up...the first verse could be construed to fit our situation, but then the rest makes no sense and is repeated for 3 minutes.
xD exactly. I was reaching :(

And if you were referring to my user cp, then definetly.

There's lots of songs I can personally relate too, but I don't really think one stands out. As for Jay and I.. a couple of Jack Johnson songs are our favorite.

Banana Pancakes

The telephone is singing
Ringing its too early
Don't pick it up
We don't need to we got everything
We need right here
And everything we need is enough
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Don't really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow, yeah wake up slow

Do You Remember

Do you remember when we first met
I sure do
It was some time
In early September
You were lazy about it
You made me wait around
I was so crazy about you
I didn't mind

Well I was crazy about you then
And now the craziest thing of all
Over 10 years have gone by
And your still mine
We're locked in time
Lets rewind

There's a couple of others that are special to us.. hah, like when I sang 'Sign' from Annie to him and sang Ms Hannigans part to him like he was Daddy Warbucks. That was not long after we started going out, round about the time you start to feel real comfortable with them and show your 'crazy side'. Oh and of course there's the song he sang to me.. Tenacious D - **** Her Gently. :rolleyes:

Edit:

I don't really think you can just 'chose' a song for you and your partner, it has to have something more behind it. The summer after Jay and I got together was one of the best times of my life, and we listened to that Jack Johnson album a lot of the time, so hearing those songs reminds me of all the fun we had that summer. Just like 'it's a small word' reminds me of our trip to Paris.. sadly o.0

Last edited:
Imma lettin' someone decide for me? I couldn't really think of one for myself...

Back