What nintendo means to you...

LyricistSoldier

|Losing Faith Nintendo|
Dec 20, 2006
Throwin it up for the big SD.
Kinda random but nintendo has been around a long time...

When someone says nintendo what comes to mind? Any great pastimes or memories? C'mon Share

For me nintendo is growing up. My grandma bout me n all my cousins a nintendo to play when over at her place when i was a lil kid. Yeah we were big on extended family get togethers... I still remember me n my cousins all crowded around our nintendo, 80s acid wash jeans n all, screaming n yelling over killing the next mushroom or hitting that next paper box on paperboy. We loved that nintendo, when everyone was crowded out in the living room watching the superbowl me n the cousins were all pushing n shoving for the next turn at getting the high score on our newest nintendo game.... Then i got older n came gameboy pocket n not too far after that pokemon, yeah i admit i liked that stupid stuff. I can remember long family car trips, smashing my fingers at my gameboy trying to catch the next blasted japanese creature. Yeah nintendos growin up... lots of great memories.

ok who's next?

for me it makes me think of a great company who made amazing games and great consoles which i never had even though i had all the handhelds and now i got wii i know what ive been missing out so know i think im gonna be a nintendo fanboy:D

Well for me nintendo represents fun...Its something everyone ( and i mean Everyone) can injoy, I love Nintendo..i only owned nintendo console...Im a Die Hard Nintendo FanBoy And Im Damn Proud Of It

I was about four when the NES came out and because of it I taught myself how to read at a very early age so I could read the texts of certain games.

Screw Hooked on Phonics!!!
Thanks Nintendo!!!

Its getting my n64... its opening up my GC for Christmas... It's playing pokemon red on the way to elementary school.. it's playing ds with two other guys while waiting inline for the wii

Nintendo=Childhood

hah wow, pree cool and interesting...

1 guy learned to read through nintendo even wow

I think for a lot of people that were livin in the 80s early 90s will think of nintendo as being associated with childhood or growing up... one of the main reasons i own my wii :thumbsup:

what nintendo means to me...

Nintendo means fun, I was 6 in '86 when my dad brought 2 nintendo's home, one for him and one for me. My dad hooked up my nintendo, I loved Super mario brothers...then for that christmas i think my parents bought me the Legend of Zelda, I was introduced to a new world, a world called Hyrule...About a kid named Link and has to search Hyrule all over for the Evil Ganon to save Princess Zelda. I played Zelda non-stop...still have my nintendo today my games stioll work. Anyways...In 1987 or '88 I got Zelda 2 the adventues of Link...I was so excited, the game my parents hid in a shoebox, i opened the shoebox cover say a gold cardboard box that said Zelda 2 adventures of Link. Istill remember playing that non-stop like Zelda was going out of style. It took me years and year to find the 7 items in the diff temples....I didn't beat it. Then I got introduced to a guy named Simon Belmont in a world of Castlevania, the games quickly became my favorites.
In the 3rd grade for halloween I ran downstairs with a nintendo magazine with simon Belmont on the cover, told my mom for halloween i wanted to be Simon Belmont, then the halloween after i was Link. I also got introduced to Hogan's Alley, Kid Icrus, Metroid, Mega Man, Ghost N' Goblins,
Street fighter 2010, Ninja Gadin (isn't it prononced Guy-dain?) Baster Master (in my opion the hardest game there was) and many more...oh yes and Rygar, i think rygar is very good, cool theme music, kicking gameplay, unlimited continues. After the nes, I went to a game rental shop, rented the snes with castlevania 4, I hooked it up, i was blowin-away by the graphics and how cool it was 8-way directions to whip. Played that for countless hours, in '94, santa brought me a gameboy, at time time it was very cool, then i got a N64 Best game Mario 64 i think and Zelda 64. Then bought a wii, thank goodness nintendo put a virtual console i bought The orginal Zelda and super castlevania 4 so far. I'll continue this later.

Unfortunately I never did get any Nintendo consoles as a kid, so I don't associate Nintendo with childhood like some of you guys do. For me I suppose the word that springs to mind is "gameplay". Ever since my first experience of a Nintendo game (Super Mario Sunshine), I've found that Ninty are very good at making games that are addictive, innovative, fun and well designed. It's a testament to Nintendo's genius that a game such as Mario 64, which I didn't play until 10 years after its original release, could become one of my all time favourite games. And with more promising titles on the way, it looks like I'll be enjoying Nintendo games for some time yet. :)

Back