What Rating Will IGN Give Brawl???

mid 9

They'll find plenty of things to complain about, mainly pertaining to online play. Ever wonder why one player games are always setting the records for best ratings?

Minimum: 9.5
Maximum: 10

Why not? The game is perfect so far, everything that we wanted and tons more is there, probably no glitches guessing from the gameplay videos and almost no bugs (why else would someone take THAT long to make a game?).

You guys just don't get it.

Nintendo's online play is ALWAYS going to be compared to Microsoft's. Online is going to SUCK, and that is a fact.

It will be a LONG time before an online multiplayer game is given the title of best game of all time.

^Online sucking is expected from Nintendo though, so maybe not. And I could've sworn that Mario Strikers has good online

You've got to be joking, man. You've got to remember that these same sites are also rating Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 on their online gameplay. Fanboys are expecting poor online, and will focus on Brawl's highlights. However, as raters these sites are supposed to be UNBIASED, and therefore expect Nintendo to perform at the same level as Microsoft.

^Whoa. IGN expecting expecting Nintendo Wi-Fi to perform at the same level as Xbox Live and Playstation Network? everyone knows that Nintendo is a noob at online, so no, they actual wouldn't be expecting it to be at the same level. Raters or not, nobody is expecting it.

So you're saying that if Wii got Call of Duty 4, and if the online was absolutely horrible, nearly unplayable, that the Wii version and XB version should get the same score?

Thats completely illogical. You're forgetting what ratings are for, Shoko.

I believe that IGN won't rate it compared to Xbox Live nor the Playstation Network because, like Shoko said, everyone knows Nintendo isn't as good. I don't think Shoko is saying they should get the same rating if it sucked on the Wii and did great on the 360. If it sucked on the Wii than it would get a horrible score, while the 360 will get an awesome score (come on think logical). Yet, if it did good on the Wii than it would get a good score depending on the online gameplay. Look at MOHH2 for instance, the only reason it didn't get a higher score is because of the single player and graphics, yet if they had both of those factors superb than it would have gotten a better score, it didn't get a low score because of online play.

@Leve: No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm basically saying that bad online wouldn't take off as much from the score as it would an Xbox or Playstation game.

Also, online on Brawl would be easily balanced out by all of the awesome things offline. And actually, Brawl online dosen't seem too bad. Look at the Kyoto and Tokyo match, and look at alll the features- (spectator, Stage builder submitting/sharing, pic sharing, etc)

Basically I was saying that online wouldn't hurt Brawl as much as it would another game.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you guys prove me wrong, I just think you are being too hopeful.

I am saying it will get a 9.5/10.

Reason for the delays was the online play and how it was coming together, and it won't be perfect I am sure still. Everything else is good though, story mode, create a stage, characters so far. They don't have too much to complain about.

first of all, there are teams that do thr reviewing at IGN. so basically each system has about 3 reviewers. on a nintendo system, a game with online is only rated if it has online and if it works. very little of the score actually goes towards the actual content of the online. personally the only difference i see in nintendo wi-fi and xbox live is the amount of servers, and in some cases a few more games to play online. IMO xbox live is overrated. but thats just my opinon, dont flame me for it.

Overrated?
Maybe, but that's only because I haven't played online with the Wii nor PS3.
All in all though, I believe that SSBB will get a high score.

SSBB online experience is going 2 be compare 2 what the wii is capable of doing with its online feature. It will not be compare 2 the 360 or ps3.

Back