What should I get?

John Joseph

Legends
Nov 25, 2006
Massachusetts
XBOX 360 or Wii

I've had alot of the nintendo systems and nothing else but now all my friends are getting an XBOX and I want the Wii. I really don't know what to get, which one is better, and so on.

Please give me your opinion.

Considering you're on a Wii forum, most people will say Wii.

Personally, I would say it depends completely on a two factors:

1. How much you value online play
and
2. How much you value graphics.

The 360 definately has better online support and way better graphics at this point in time. I doubt the Wii will match the 360 in either.
However, the Wii is just a lot more fun. Playing FPS's with the Wiimote is a refreshing change.

That's probably the route I'm going to go. :D

Once I save up enough money, I'll be buying a 360 for the better Online support. But in the meantime, I know my Wii will be more than enough to keep me occupied.

i mean once wii gets the online running.

xbox just went out the window.

especially with effin SSB.

halo just died. again. wait did he ever die? idk i never played ihate that game ahhaha

Gears Of War is an amazing game online. I'd say you get Xbox.

Ya, gears or war does look sick. But then again so does rayman rofl. And another thing, I know XBOX's online play since my friend has it and its fimiliar. But what I've heard is that the Wii's online play is going to be like the Nintendo DS's, Friend Codes.

So far it looks like it's heading in that direction, but only time can tell for certain.

However, if Nintendo releases full networking API to developers, then they should be able to work with a client-server model that should allow playing with people not on your Friends list. Kind of like how most PC games work right now.

The online component of the Wii (even when it launches) won't even be close to what the 360 is capable of. Friend codes!?!? What the hell was Nintendo thinking here. Anyway, if I had to pick between my 360 and my Wii I am sorry to all you fanbitches, but it would be my 360. As a pretty serious gamer, the Wii just doesn't deliver. But, as a fun addition, the Wii can't be beat. Get both if you got the cash.

If your friends gettin a 360 and you wana play with him Get a 360.

If your friends gettin a Wii and you wana eventually play with him Get a Wii.

basically

wii = good games

xbox = online feature.

you want good game play goto wii.

you want online stuff. go xbox.

ZinGy said:
Gears Of War is an amazing game online. I'd say you get Xbox.
Yeah, but, I myself would rather not buy a system just on one game but the price, current and future games, and the features...

the 360, if you have the money, is a good choice, just because when you buy it, you'll have a LOT of games to choose from... but there's so many cool games coming out for the wii and the features are ALMOST just as good as the 360. With the wii, all the online stuff is free, except for the virtual console. With the 360, everything online is free except playing online, many game updates, and changing the look of it (which really isn't too important)... you DO get free game demos and trailers though, but you can see trailers by going to youtube or any other flash movie player site with the internet channel and see any trailer or any other video without waiting for a download. And, something i just found out a few days ago, the photo channel can play video too... soooooo... it just really depends what you want.

GreenBean713 said:
basically

wii = good games

xbox = online feature.

Well 360 has good game play, just different then Wii.

The Thing with Wii is it can make lame games fun. Like WiiSports, it's a pretty fun game. But if you played it on 360, it could possibly make you vomit a lil.

GreenBean713 said:
basically

wii = good games

xbox = online feature.

That is a poor summary.

In the UK, the Wii will launch with a total of 24 games. around 50% of which are not worth buying.

Xbox 360 has been out around a year and has a huge variety of games, many good games and a few great games.

So to say that this person should buy a Wii for 'good games' doesnt make sense. If i wanted to buy a console with good games i would buy a Dreamcast (although I've still got one) 'cause that had amazing games.

Anyway, If you buy an Xbox 360 at the moment, you will have a large selection of games and online capability from the off. However, if you buy a Wii, you will have a great console with a controller scheme that no other console can match at the moment and the developers will learn to use to their advantage (I hope). Wii has a huge potential, whereas Xbox 360 has probably already filled its potential fully.

Well man personally here's the way I see it, if you really want something different then get the Wii cuz I bought myself a Wii and really i love it it,and wouldnt trade it for anything else. The 360 Ima be honest i wanted that system for the longest time since it came out then i heard about the way and i mean its different cuz u gotta do all these actions while playing the game for example wii sports lol im standing on my bed swinging my wiimote...lol its a fun system man,with 360 u use a control and sit ion ur ass just playing like any other system its boring for more entertainment get the Wii trust me it's well wroth it and it's a great price as well,and Wii i read on a site i found it thru videogames.com that starting next year every month wii will be coming out with 10 games every single month so trust me man get wii and that new tony hawk game **** for the wii its amazing i havent played that game but **** i was watching ppl play it and its sick trust me you wont be dissapointed get wii man

Back