What Systems And Games Do You Want On The Virtual Console

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
Well i know i have been starting a whole bunch of threads but this one lets me post about all the ones i have been making! So if you could choose which systems and games appeared on the virtual console what would you choose!

I would personally want to have all the videogame systems online. The atari would be my big project. to get people to buy i would add an online part to the game where people could play against each other or battle it out for the high score. Quite a few of the atari games have 2 player modes on them and is all i would do is have that 2 player mode online and offline. so if you wanted to play against people from around the world or just in you own home you could do it.

i would also bring dreamcast to it so people could download games to there SD memory card and play dreamcast games. i would make the dreamcast games that were online online again. Did you know that there are still some sega dreamcast games that are still online today. Well i love to play the dreamcast online. the only thing i dont like is dial up. you dont get calls. but it is a great system that would be a great seller on the virtual console. If you would like more information on which games are still online on the dreamcast go to www.onlineconsoles.com

And after those two projects are over i would bring out the rest of the game systems.

I'd quite like to see the Master System on there. It's perfectly feasible, and it did fairly well (I believe it actually beat the NES in Europe) so I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen. Phantasy Star and Zillion would be cool to see on VC.

Also, the Saturn. At one time I thought they couldn't get the games on there, but after seeing Turbo-CD games added recently it would seem it is possible. Of course, the Saturn is a big step up from the Turbo-CD, but I think it's possible I'd like the chance to play Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III.

Napalmbrain said:
I'd quite like to see the Master System on there. It's perfectly feasible, and it did fairly well (I believe it actually beat the NES in Europe) so I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen. Phantasy Star and Zillion would be cool to see on VC.

Also, the Saturn. At one time I thought they couldn't get the games on there, but after seeing Turbo-CD games added recently it would seem it is possible. Of course, the Saturn is a big step up from the Turbo-CD, but I think it's possible I'd like the chance to play Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III.

One game i really miss from the Saturn is DAYEEEETTTTOOOOONNNNNAAAA lets go and race (if thats the words). Well 2 games even, NiGHTS is a total classic, cant wait for the overdue sequel.

There actually was a Dreamcast broadband adapter released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast_Broadband_Adapter

I don't think there will be any Sega Saturn or Dreamcast games on the Wii unless they release a hard drive. They're just too big. The CD games they're releasing right now were put on CDs because they used the CD format to play music or have brief videos. That stuff can be compressed down now using compressed audio and video formats. Games on the Sega CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast used a lot more space than those early CD games.

i really would like to see gameboy games come to the virtual console. it would be cool if you could play them on the wii and also find a way to transfer them to your ds. zelda links awakening, metroid 2, pokemon red/blue, mario and the six golden coins. i would love to play all these again.

acutally i like all of the ideas so far except for the comment about the dislikelyness of the sega cd, saturn, and dreamcast!!!

I'd actually like to see some arcade games. The Neo Geo is a great start to getting some cool arcade games but there are some arcade games made by Nintendo that were never translated to the console systems to be exact to those originals. There were some arcade games they made that were never put on a console at all.

Sega Master System games. I'd love to see Phantasy Star, Zillion, and the version of Ninja Gaiden they had in Japan that never reached the US. Also, the Wonder Boy games.

Last edited:
Atari is viable if you go with the 7800 but even then there's few good titles. I'd buy Desert Falcon but that'd be it.

The cheap 512Mb flash memory of the Wii ruins a good deal of chances... TG16CD and Sega CD games weren't that bad for space and modern compression cuts that down(Ys I&II is a 75Mb disc and it's roughly 16Mb of data and the rest uncompressed audio). Saturn though runs the chance of being too big.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sega CD Popful Mail. It's a pricey aftermarket game.

Sega Master System for sure!! Space Harrier, Alien Syndrome, Phantasy Star, Wonder Boy, Alex Kidd.....man they need to get the Master system on ASAP!

As well Sega CD, there were some great Gems on there..Sonic CD, Eternal Champions Challenge from the Darkside, Tomcat Alley, Jurrasic Park, Ground Zero Texas, Sewer Shark, Nigh Trap(lol).

Anyways when will they get Phantasy Star 2 out from the Genesis...maybe they do have plans for the Master System and want to release the original first...although they didn't do that for Space Harrier...

Backwards Man said:
Sega Master System for sure!! Space Harrier, Alien Syndrome, Phantasy Star, Wonder Boy, Alex Kidd.....man they need to get the Master system on ASAP!

As well Sega CD, there were some great Gems on there..Sonic CD, Eternal Champions Challenge from the Darkside, Tomcat Alley, Jurrasic Park, Ground Zero Texas, Sewer Shark, Nigh Trap(lol).

Anyways when will they get Phantasy Star 2 out from the Genesis...maybe they do have plans for the Master System and want to release the original first...although they didn't do that for Space Harrier...

Night Trap? Perhaps they could release it in the same week as Kris Kross: Make My Video? :lol:

One Sega CD game that could be cool though is Snatcher. I've always wanted to play that.

The three Phantasy Stars for the Mega Drive / Genesis are practically inevitable, given that they were probably the most famous RPGs on the console. It'd be cool to see the first one on the VC, since it's the only one (of the classic series) I haven't played.

People would buy Night Trap for the cheese factor, especially if they gave us the original "uncensored" version.

SNES Doom is another that would sell for the novelty. For that matter, they could do PC Doom(XBLA has it and the Ultimate Doom IWad is only about 12Mb in size).

Again, I cite JJ and Jeff as an example that pretty much anything has a chance.

domientius said:
People would buy Night Trap for the cheese factor, especially if they gave us the original "uncensored" version.

SNES Doom is another that would sell for the novelty. For that matter, they could do PC Doom(XBLA has it and the Ultimate Doom IWad is only about 12Mb in size).

Again, I cite JJ and Jeff as an example that pretty much anything has a chance.

Not everything has a chance. There are some sticky issues for games. Such as WWF Rage in the Cage...pretty sure that will never be playable again due to the other WWF, royalties, etc..... Same with movie based games.

well i just hope they get a hard drive or something so the virtual console could have more possiblities than what it has now!

Rights issues aside, of course...

The people who currently own the Valiant Comics and Acclaim game back catalog are looking to get Shadow Man on the VC, though rights with that stuff are muddy.

Nintendo wants to license GoldenEye for VC but it's a cost issue as well as various licensors. If it does come out, expect it to cost more to download.

I'd forget Conker. That was ported to Xbox(albeit a watered down mediocre port). Games from companies that are out of business might also be difficult.

If they're going to translate some Japanese games, the Famicom Disk System is a source I'd like to see tapped. The FDS has unreliable hardware, the belts are hard to replace and disks can become useless. But they'd have to figure out how to handle the "change side" routine of the game ROMs.

Back