What the point of getting a memory unit?

Hybrid

:chuckle:
Dec 13, 2006
I just don't understant if you have the HDD what is the point of it?to bring it to a friends or somthing.
can you like take stuff from your HDD and put on a memory unit?but really whats the point?

The wii sd slot is worthless. It can not be used for anything useful. Just a ploy Nintendo used to make people think better of it. But it is totally useless. I have a 2 gig SD card setting in it and cant do anything with it. What a joke Nintendo.

theiceman72 said:
The wii sd slot is worthless. It can not be used for anything useful. Just a ploy Nintendo used to make people think better of it. But it is totally useless. I have a 2 gig SD card setting in it and cant do anything with it. What a joke Nintendo.
A. Hes talking about the XBOX 360 not Wii
B. The sd slot dose work...
C. yah its for people without harddrives

I..kinda agree. The SD slot is mainly for the Photo Channel. Most consumers are kids, so if they had a channel where they could play with a picture, then Nintendo thinks that they have done something with it. I think that they should have also made the SD slot compatible to play Nintendo DS games, then this wouldnt be an issue, but sadly, that is not the case. =[

i use it to take my Live Gamertag and gamesaves to friend houses so i dont need to take my HDD. also that way we can both be logged onto XBL at the same time

Yeah, thats when its useful, but a lot of people arouns here that have Wiis are reclusive nerds that want to be locked in their room with it and dont want to play with others...=[

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah, thats when its useful, but a lot of people arouns here that have Wiis are reclusive nerds that want to be locked in their room with it and dont want to play with others...=[
that seems more like the definition for the 360
people with wiis are trying to find new people to play it with

Lmao

On Excite Trucks you can use a SD card to put your own Music on the game :)

So Nurrrrrr :p

Mitch2025 said:
i use it to take my Live Gamertag and gamesaves to friend houses so i dont need to take my HDD. also that way we can both be logged onto XBL at the same time

I this is easy to do? as I am thinking of getting one for that reason, or trying an sd card with a memory card reader in the usb slot, on the 360 I am thinking I might give that a try.

Does it physically move it onto the the 360 memory card, so is no longer on your 360, or does it just create copies of the files on the card. Worried I might in some way currupt my gamertag file in some way and lose everything.

im guessing more memory makes it faster like pc's and if your memory is full of music and stuff than i guess your gonna need a memory unit or if you want portable memory for your xbox 360

bitchslap said:
im guessing more memory makes it faster like pc's and if your memory is full of music and stuff than i guess your gonna need a memory unit or if you want portable memory for your xbox 360
nah
its basicalyl a rip
the new 512mb are 50 bucks
where as a 20gb harddrive is 100

ShadowsFall1978 said:
I this is easy to do? as I am thinking of getting one for that reason, or trying an sd card with a memory card reader in the usb slot, on the 360 I am thinking I might give that a try.

Does it physically move it onto the the 360 memory card, so is no longer on your 360, or does it just create copies of the files on the card. Worried I might in some way currupt my gamertag file in some way and lose everything.

You can only have your gamertag on one memory unit at a time, but you can keep moving it back and forth. You wont corrupt anything, but if you do all you need to do is that recover gamertag thing. You need the actual 360 memory card a sd card reader only lets you do picture,music,videos.

Back