What to buy (component cables and charger)

element72

WiiChat Member
Feb 16, 2009
First I just want to ask if these component cables are good enough, I just purchased them a few min ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140300774053

As for the remote charger, I've read a few forums and blogs saying that the best way to go is buy normal battery chargers because you can use the batteries for other products and from my perspective it would be faster. I know there are 15 min chargers and people have claimed that their wii remote chargers take about an hour?

So, assuming that your normal battery chargers are the best method, what brand(and type) should I buy and why. Also I'm not too familiar with recharable batteries, but what do you guys think of this one: http://www.eneloop.info/

whyb would you asked for an opinion on a product AFTER you already bought it. kinda pointless.

as for chargers and batts, i use energizer rechargables. approx 2500mah, last a long time. best imo.

i have rechargeable batteries i use energizer 2200 mah. they r great. but sometimes i think having a charging dock might make things easier. my fast charger said they would charge in 5 min but they end up charging in 15 min. i have 8 batteries that i use for 4 wiimotes. its good to have that many batteries if u play most games with 1 or 2 players. i have older batteries i had for an old camera that barely work but work fine for my remotes and what not.

rechargeable batteries are the green thing to do!!!!!!!!!!
more then the dock because u can use them for many items even as they hold less energy.
good luck

I bought a set of generic cables that didn't work at all on my system... too much interference, I suppose from all the other equipment near the Wii. They worked well for a lot of other people, though, so that's why I'm assuming it's my particular set-up.

So, I went with the official Wii cables, bought on a really good sale on Amazon. They work great, even after adding a three compenent switcher (three component cable devices going through the switcher into one component jack on my TV).

For batteries, I used Kodak 2500 mah, which I think are actually Sanyo (although I could be wrong). Haven't had a problem with them so far and they last a long time

Back