What to buy with Wii?

IWantCheerwine

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2006
what would be good to buy with the Wii? i'm buying it with my sister as a family christmas present (can't play it till Christmas! i'll go insane before i can play it!) and i was wondering are there certain things that would be good to have along with the Wii? Controllers, games, etc.

:Edit:

Can you pre order Wii? i'm looking on sites and they only say you can pre order the games...

extra controller and Zelda and Red steel...thats pretty much all you need..oh and a good enough tv..don't play on a small tv not cool

Demon Slayer said:
extra controller and Zelda and Red steel...thats pretty much all you need..oh and a good enough tv..don't play on a small tv not cool

lol don't worry i can use my grandparents 47" HD Plasma Tv while they're gone for winter :yesnod:

Well other than the system, you would need a Sandisk card. And getting another controller would be great as well, since I believe Wii Sports is multi-player. Instead of looking at what other people's opinions are upon what to get, I'll list out some accessories and games you may be interested in:

Accessories:

Wiimote- You wil need an extra one, if you do wish to play multi-player.

Nunchuk- Read above.

Sandisk- This is a must if you wish to save any of your progress within the games.

Classic Controller- Only needed if you wish to download and play old games.

Zapper(Not coming out on launch date though)- Specifically for shooter games (i.e. Duck Hunt.)

Controller Gloves/Sleeves (For Wiimote)- If you wish to have an extra cushion for yourself, as well as styling out your controller.

Games:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz- Seems like a cool multiplayer game, I've enjoyed the previous ones, this one is bound to be better.

Excite Truck- Another cool title, I've actually played this one. It's a bit confusing upon the controls at first, but then it's really easy to play and difficult to master. It's also cool how when you get into super smash mode that you hear the sounds through the Wiimote speaker.

Red Steel- A mature rated game by Ubisoft in which you get to use guns as well as swords, this should be interesting if you want to actually act as if you're some Jedi Knight or some medieval soldier.

Madden 2007- Another cool game, although it's already out on other systems, it's a cool concept upon using motion to control the movements of the quarterback and receivers. A definite for sports fans.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- If you're into the action/puzzle genre, this game is perfect for you. It has combat on horseback, dungeon puzzles and a deep storyline. A must have for Zelda fans.

Rayman Raving Rabbids- This game just seems fun nonetheless. Using plungers to knock down those 'raving' 'rabbids' and doing all sorts of things in a 3D environment. This is for fans who enjoy 3D platformers as well as a fun and catchy story.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam- If you're into skating, and still enjoy the Hawk, you won't have a problem with his first ever racing game.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance- Although many people have played and mastered this, it's now a different environment as you must manuver the wiimote and nunchuck in order to save the world. If you're looking for a multiplayer game, this should be a must have.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion- This should be probably the most unique title in the Wii, as you get some hands on in some surgery. If you're into puzzles and complex situations, as well as enjoying the game Operation...pick this one up.

Kamikaze said:
Well other than the system, you would need a Sandisk card. And getting another controller would be great as well, since I believe Wii Sports is multi-player. Instead of looking at what other people's opinions are upon what to get, I'll list out some accessories and games you may be interested in:

Accessories:

Wiimote- You wil need an extra one, if you do wish to play multi-player.

Nunchuk- Read above.

Sandisk- This is a must if you wish to save any of your progress within the games.

Classic Controller- Only needed if you wish to download and play old games.

Zapper(Not coming out on launch date though)- Specifically for shooter games (i.e. Duck Hunt.)

Controller Gloves/Sleeves (For Wiimote)- If you wish to have an extra cushion for yourself, as well as styling out your controller.

Games:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz- Seems like a cool multiplayer game, I've enjoyed the previous ones, this one is bound to be better.

Excite Truck- Another cool title, I've actually played this one. It's a bit confusing upon the controls at first, but then it's really easy to play and difficult to master. It's also cool how when you get into super smash mode that you hear the sounds through the Wiimote speaker.

Red Steel- A mature rated game by Ubisoft in which you get to use guns as well as swords, this should be interesting if you want to actually act as if you're some Jedi Knight or some medieval soldier.

Madden 2007- Another cool game, although it's already out on other systems, it's a cool concept upon using motion to control the movements of the quarterback and receivers. A definite for sports fans.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- If you're into the action/puzzle genre, this game is perfect for you. It has combat on horseback, dungeon puzzles and a deep storyline. A must have for Zelda fans.

Rayman Raving Rabbids- This game just seems fun nonetheless. Using plungers to knock down those 'raving' 'rabbids' and doing all sorts of things in a 3D environment. This is for fans who enjoy 3D platformers as well as a fun and catchy story.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam- If you're into skating, and still enjoy the Hawk, you won't have a problem with his first ever racing game.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance- Although many people have played and mastered this, it's now a different environment as you must manuver the wiimote and nunchuck in order to save the world. If you're looking for a multiplayer game, this should be a must have.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion- This should be probably the most unique title in the Wii, as you get some hands on in some surgery. If you're into puzzles and complex situations, as well as enjoying the game Operation...pick this one up.

What? i coulda swore the wii has memory on it so you can save your game with out a memory card

Joe_Swanson said:

What? i coulda swore the wii has memory on it so you can save your game with out a memory card
Correct; you do not need an SD (SanDisk) Card to save your games. The Wii has 512 MB of internal memory for game saves and virtual console game storage.

Back