What to buy....

stozy

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
hi, i am sorry if something like this has been asked b4......

I am wanting to buy a new game for my wii and i think i will get call of duty 3 or red steel, but i aint seen or read anything since they came out so i was wanting to know if people here had played them and what they had thought etc and if i should buy it.....

thanks..

Red Steel.

Call of Duty maybe second, but it got bashed when put into Wii.

Red Steel was Designed for Wii, so its got cool controls.

And prepare yourself for Idiot "Use Search Comments" Just ignore em.

I would have to go with COD3. I really don't care much for the sword fighting on Red Steel. COD3 is constant action and stuff is always going on around you. Plus, I enjoy hearing COD3 with my Logitech Z5500 surround sound!

Ya haha, not much help :p

Both games have had their rants, but public is public. Both im sure are fun. Im borrowing Red Steel from someone tonight, so i get to try it. And since im borrowing red steel i may buy Call of Duty 3 later on.

Red Steel has smart Ai's i heard. Call of Duty has more to kill im sure tho :p

more to kill :)

ye cos i was kinda thinking that cod mite have a few bugs cos of being made to be a wii game from something else... but maybe red steel wouldnt be fast fast call of duty pace :)

Well, let me put it also like this. I've beatin COD3 and would play it again to explore alittle more. RedSteel on the other hand, you have to kinda follow the direction it points you in. Meaning, you can't go thru every door that is in a building or room. YOu are only allowed to go into select doors so that you stay on track. I like games where you can explore alittle bit instead.

ye i kinda prefere the explore it yourself to...good to hear from someone with both games :)

ty

If you want a game with TONS of killing and exploring tho, Farcry is the bomb lol. Levels r HUGE. Too bad they shitted on the graphics a bit. i love it either way tho.

I would go with red steel,only because it is made 4 wii so no bad controls and it is like constant action really.And also it got better reviews then COD3.Like in Game informer magizine and Nintendo Power.I have the game and i'd really recomend it but u better rent it first to see how u think and COD3.Than the one u liked more u should buy.

Wii_would_like_to_play said:
I would go with red steel,only because it is made 4 wii so no bad controls and it is like constant action really.And also it got better reviews then COD3.Like in Game informer magizine and Nintendo Power.I have the game and i'd really recomend it but u better rent it first to see how u think and COD3.Than the one u liked more u should buy.

I'll have to recheck...but i could've sworn that COD got much better reviews than RedSteel on Gamespot and IGN.

Just checked:
IGN: COD3 = 7.7
RedSteel = 6.0

GameSpot: COD3 = 7.2
RedSteel = 5.5

I can tell you not to waste money on ultimate alliance, unless you're a die-hard marvel fan. Very Repetitive and boring. I played for 3 hours to give it a chance and became extremely bored. :sleep:

I have CoD3, and it is pretty fun. Action is always going on, and it's only problem is no multiplayer. I don't have red steel, but I heard it was pretty bad.

Back