What to do...

kingjames488

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Hi all
first off this is my first post, so... ya.
Ive owned n64, ps1, and currently have an xbox.
anyways.
I got interested in wii resently when watching tv (comercials...) and been reading up on it.
From what im seeing it's not very good atm...
there are lots of glitches and such.
I like the sounds better then xbox 360 or ps3 so far though, mainly becuse it's cheeper and i can't afford them or an HDTV...
anyways heres my situation...
I'm in the middle of nowhere, SLOW dialup internet (avrave connection speed is 40kbs...) and I have an older tv with cheeper surround sound system.
I don't play stuff over internet (connection is WAY to slow as i said) and so this isnt a draw for me.
I know noone with highspeed internet and theres no hotspots arount here.
so basicly no fast internet what-so-ever.
ummm, i think thats it.
Is wii right for me??

also i was thinging of waiting til mid december to get one.
I dont know why people buy them on release, the games suck, theres lots of bugs, and there expencive.

kingjames

Here is what I suggest you do....

when you have the cash -- buy a Nintendo Wii.

For a game, pickup the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Enjoy being a loyal Nintendo fan for forever!

Wise Man Tip of the day: A wise man once said: "Never ask which console to get on a Nintendo Wii website, unless of course you wanted the answer to be a Nintendo Wii."

It'll be fine for you. You can even take advantage of most of the internet capabilities. Just get the usb wifi connector when it comes out, dialup at night, let it download firmware updates, and wake up to a fresh system. Even older game downloads don't take that long on Virtual Console. I had to chance to pull up Zelda and Mario Bros. and both were around a few 100kb's for each download. Email should be pretty quick and some not so bandwidth intensive games should be playable. The only problem might be using VC to download N64 games as those can range up to 200+mb. Zelda: Occarina of Time is a good example of this as it used up almost every single bit of space on the n64 cart back it the day. :)

i herd that most games were like 1mb to download and n64 were 64mb for the big ones...
anyways i lost this post and couldnt find it so i posted another... sorry i thought there was an error when posting or something.
anyways the guy at futureshop and a few other stores said that you couldnt use dialup on them, is anyone here using it, or could someone try -.-.

i expected people to recomend it here... and im probably getting one, i hope.

kingjames

Scream said:
Wise Man Tip of the day: A wise man once said: "Never ask which console to get on a Nintendo Wii website, unless of course you wanted the answer to be a Nintendo Wii."

Unles you ask the right people.

I just said why, becuase i couldn't find this post and thought that is haddnt gone through, sorry.
anyways im not going to be checking this one anymore, please help me out in the other one.
thankyou
kingjames

Back