What to get, Rock Star or Guitar Hero?

Brien

WiiChat Member
May 20, 2009
What to get, Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

I knew this day would come. After owning a Wii for maybe a month, my wife now wants a singing game. Too much time at a friend's who has both and we play them regularly. I'd like to get one that's more singing oriented, we're not so interested in playing the instruments too.

Ideally we'd like to get Singstar, but I know that's out of the question for the Wii. We've looked at American Idol and a few others that look very kid oriented like High School Musical and the Disney titles. Which brings us back to Rock Band or Guitar hero.

I've looked at the IGN review for both and they seem very similar. Does anyone have an opinion on one over the other? And any recommendations on microphones would be welcomed too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you mean Rock Band, the singing is more polished on it. Singing is near impossible to get good at on Guitar Hero. I recommend Rock Band for a more enjoyable experience (preferably Rock Band 2).

There both basically the same game just with different tracks
Coming soon is Guitar hero 5 and Rock band 2010

If you mean Rock Band, the singing is more polished on it. Singing is near impossible to get good at on Guitar Hero. I recommend Rock Band for a more enjoyable experience (preferably Rock Band 2).

yep thats how i see it aswell. guitar hero is pretty popular but for some reason i just prefer rock band mainly because of what twilight said. they are both very good though, so whichever one you get will be good.

Im a guitar hero fan, and dont sing. I like most of the songs I find on gh4, not rb2. If you wanted guitar fun, I would definately perfer gh since you get way more into the zone. Try the new guitar hero that came out, hopefully theyve improved on singing. But if not, rock band sadly.

I dont know of anyone who wants to sing a song they dont like. ; /
Or play a song they dont like

A sad thing is Rock band didnt know what I was singing.
ITS WONT GET FOOLED AGAIN.
I KNOW THE WORDS
(And the screams)

Id wait tho as coming soon
Rock Band Guns and Roseis
You wait 17 years for it to load the consoles change but still keep the same leads then when it starts it turns out to be shite

It all depends on what you want to sing. Do you like The Beatles? Get Rock Band. Metallica or Van Halen? Get Guitar Hero.
I've never failed singing a GH song with the difficulty on Hard, and I'm not that great of a singer (it was also with the headset, not the GH mic), so it's pretty easy to hit the right notes.

My face scares people when I sing.

But to be fair it scares them anyway

Thanks for everyone's input. We went ahead and bought the Rock Band 2 setup.

Back