What to put in the next Smash Bros

Neosquid

(owo)凸
Jan 25, 2009
Chireiden
Wii Online Code
6666-1020-6666-1020
All right, the old thread was destroyed in the.....you know what. Thankfully, I posted most of what we talked about....or some of it at least, on another thread, which I think is still on here....I hope. Im actually having a bit of trouble finding it.

OK, so what stuff would you like to see in the next Smash Bros if there is one? Characters, Stages, Items, Modes, Stage Builder, Adventure-mode, etc. Just try to made your posts informative and not stupid, boring, or offensive, OK? No spam, either. Lets get started!

Last edited:
Well first I will say the game is awesome but there are always things they could improve upon....

1. much much better online play. rankings of people, characters, etc. No lag time. No friend codes. Ability to speak to each other with wii speak. lots of stuff for the online mode.

2. For the game mode, i would suggest less zoom outs and options to set zoom setttings and maybe even an option to try a split screen. I hate when the characters are so small I cant even see whats going on and it never feels like they are as big as say the online practice stage.

3. add new characters...but really they have plenty but more is always better...like mega man

4. items - sometimes so much is happening you cannot tell what is happening and i dont think you can set that in the online mode

A character who would be perfect for super smash brothers would be Tails from the sonic games. his flying two tails would be perfect for flying, just like pit and meta knight. so thats something to think about for the next ssb.

GOOOOOOOO GOKU!!!!!!!

up-B= shikidan idou/teleport/instant transmission (just like zelda/sheik teleport)

down-B= Transforms from goku to super saiyan (cant be hurt while transforming, same attacks but higher dmg and knockback but takes damage constantly just like if being hit by flower and lvl 4 is double that)

side-B= KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
neutral-B= Small ki projectiles

Final smash= Genki dama/spirit bomb explosion

f_SS1Goku5m_6743657.jpg

Last edited:
I was expecting this place to be much more popular...oh well.

Did Goku even originate in a video-game? If not, then he shouldent be in.

Heres an Assist Trophy idea I came up with.

Louie-
Louie appears in the background. He then summons the Titan Dweevil from under the ground, and jumps on its head to control it. He can use any of its four weapons: Monster Pump, Flare Cannon, Comedy Bomb, and the Shock Therapist. Using Monster Pump, orbs of water are shot randomly around the stage. These do little damage but high knockback. Using Flare Cannon, he controls a slow moving chain of fire to hit people. Using Comedy Bomb, a few clouds of gas are shot around that can poison you. Using Shock Therapist, two or three electric bombs are thrown out. They explode, and bolts of electricity shoot between them. Like this:

O----O
--\--/
---O

It can also move around and unleash a few more attacks.

A character who would be perfect for super smash brothers would be Tails from the sonic games. his flying two tails would be perfect for flying, just like pit and meta knight. so thats something to think about for the next ssb.

I lol'd.

I was expecting this place to be much more popular...oh well.

Did Goku even originate in a video-game? If not, then he shouldent be in.

Heres an Assist Trophy idea I came up with.

Louie-
Louie appears in the background. He then summons the Titan Dweevil from under the ground, and jumps on its head to control it. He can use any of its four weapons: Monster Pump, Flare Cannon, Comedy Bomb, and the Shock Therapist. Using Monster Pump, orbs of water are shot randomly around the stage. These do little damage but high knockback. Using Flare Cannon, he controls a slow moving chain of fire to hit people. Using Comedy Bomb, a few clouds of gas are shot around that can poison you. Using Shock Therapist, two or three electric bombs are thrown out. They explode, and bolts of electricity shoot between them. Like this:

O----O
--\--/
---O

It can also move around and unleash a few more attacks.

The first Olimar assist, eh? And quite expectively, it's Louie. It's certainly a good assist Nick, well done.

And no, Goku originated in the manga, or so I should think. While he is an anime character who has games to his anime, he's a lot better than Naruto.. -.-; ..Besides, don't you ever want to scream KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!11!11111!oneONe1eleven when firing a laser and killing someone? ...>.>;;;

Im going to make yet another Pikmin thing, this time a stage.

Wistful Wilds-
This stage takes place in a woods, as it would appear in fall, with orange leaves and stuff.
The battle takes place on a tree stump, with a tree in the background, and its leaves acting as platforms. Like this:

__ ----------- __
----_______
----l---------l
----l---------l
----l---------l

The locations of the leaves is a bit different with each battle. Actually, the whole stage changes in each battle....well, really only the enemys that are there. Each battle, there are different enemys in the background. Only some of these attack. The ones that attack are the Red Bulborb, the Orange Bulborb, the Red Cannon Beetle, the Gatling Groink, and the Withering Blowhog. Each battle only two of these will appear. The Red and Orange Bulborb will appear on the side of the stage, on the left or right. If you stand on them, they may eat you.The Orange one will attack more often, but appears less. Sometimes they both may even appear at once. The Red Cannon Beetle will appear on the main platform, but in the background. There it will shoot boulders that will home in on a character- althrough these are easy to dodge since they are slow and only appear on the ground, they give great damage and knockback. The Gatling Groink will appear in the background and shoot bombs at you. It can even shoot three at once. The Withering Blowhog appears right on the stage and floats around, sometimes blowing strong gusts of wind that will push characters. The enemys that appear in the background and do not attack are the Hermit Crawmad, Fiery Blowhog, Swooping Snitchbug, Cloaking Burrow-nit, Yellow Wollywog, and the Creeping Chrysanthenum. There are usually three of these each battle. The Onions also appear in the background sometimes.

Last edited:
Master Chief = No freaking way
He's so pointless, and all he could use would be projectiles
I don't want ANYTHING that is spam happy

the Goku thing sounds cool, it would be cool, but it wouldnt happen.
I think, and i hate to say it bc alot of people are vying for it in other games, but character creation would be cool. prolly wouldnt happen, but it would be cool.

Ofcourse it wouldn't happen - but what the hell of the point of even mentioning putting characters in Brawl? I mean, come on. Dream a little, who cares if they don't stand a chance to get in.

Aaanyways.. About that Goku moveset before, I think I could refine those specials a bit.

Up B Instant Transmission: Instead of mimicing Sheik in every way, this move should be a lot like Mewtwo's, with a short amount of startup lag. As soon as he teleports, his line of movement shines in a jagged path. If anyone gets hit by it, he'll reappear with superarmor and deliver a doublehanded blow from above, which is a weak spike. Little damage, but the super armor means Goku's pretty much safe. The little distance can also be made up for.

If Goku does hit an enemy with the doublefist move, he'll use the instant transmission in rapid succession, letting you choose a new direction to move to. Very much like Pikachu's quick attack. However, if he doesn't grab a ledge, he's very vulneralbe, as he plummets at a very stiff angle. If you sweetspot the ledge though, you're completely safe.

Down B: The transformation idea isn't too bad, although I think only one form(SSJ1)should be available. As mentioned, all his attacks are stronger, his jumps are slightly higher, and he's slightly quicker, but his damage will rack up quickly. This can be used for super armor as well. Great for landing the killing blow or racking up damage quickly in the beginning. While the entire time you're gaining consistently good amounts of damage, if you hold it for over 25 seconds or so the damage you take will start to double, meaning you can't abuse this. If you rapidly transform on and off, the amount of time doesn't wear off either - you need to wait a short amount of time to make sure your "time limit" goes back to normal.

Side B: ..Yeah, Kamehameha, what'd you expect? There are a few possibilities for this. First, he can charge it like Samus' Charge Shot and keep it until he wants to use it, or he can quickly shout out, ..well, you know, and then fire the blast. For option one, it'd have impeccable range, and probably as much power as Samus' charge shot. It hits multiple times to rack up good damage, and the final shot has knockback. However, if you miss and your opponent manages to get behind you, you're probably screwed.

For option two with the instant shot, it'd come out probably as fast as Ike's F-smash, but again since it has a large range it's a great move. However, the move is a two-shotter. The first hit is like a gravitational pull, sucking the enemy in. Then the wave vanishes in a flash and knocks everyone flying. It'd have good damage and great knockback, but landing it is the main problem.

B: Ki-Blasts. Yeah, simple. If for Side B option 2 is used, this should probably be a charge up move. Instead of getting stronger when charged, you'll shoot multiple Ki blasts rapidly, one after another. Knockback isn't the priority here, as the blasts are swift and carryable, as well as a projectile. Damage can be above average, but the knockback is pretty average, maybe even below. Good launched speed too, probably around Link's Gale Boomerang speed.

His FS has quite a few possibilities. Vegeta could always sneak into the Brawl and perform their rediculously stupid but powerful fusion dance, transforming into Gogeta(no, not SSJ4). All the moves get powered up, ofcourse. Probably equal to a down B. However, his Down B can stack up on this FS, letting Gogeta for yes, SSJ4. Side B=Big Bang Kamehameha, anyone? :p

The transformation FS has tons of possibilities though, he could go 3, and use his Down B to go even 4. Whichever you prefer, really.

As for a non-transformation FS, there's again, tons of possibilities. Classic Spirit Bomb, temp. transform/fusion to whip out some really awesome move, too many ideas that I'm going to get into.

Anyways.. I modified this moveset from pharos' on the spot, but I think it's passable, yeah?

What? No comments on my Pikmin stage?

I always have trouble making comments on character movesets I care nothing about, but it is still pretty good. It must have taken a lot of thinking to come up with that.

ofcourse it wouldn't happen - but what the hell of the point of even mentioning putting characters in brawl? I mean, come on. Dream a little, who cares if they don't stand a chance to get in.

Aaanyways.. About that goku moveset before, i think i could refine those specials a bit.

Up b instant transmission: Instead of mimicing sheik in every way, this move should be a lot like mewtwo's, with a short amount of startup lag. As soon as he teleports, his line of movement shines in a jagged path. If anyone gets hit by it, he'll reappear with superarmor and deliver a doublehanded blow from above, which is a weak spike. Little damage, but the super armor means goku's pretty much safe. The little distance can also be made up for.

If goku does hit an enemy with the doublefist move, he'll use the instant transmission in rapid succession, letting you choose a new direction to move to. Very much like pikachu's quick attack. However, if he doesn't grab a ledge, he's very vulneralbe, as he plummets at a very stiff angle. If you sweetspot the ledge though, you're completely safe.

Down b: The transformation idea isn't too bad, although i think only one form(ssj1)should be available. As mentioned, all his attacks are stronger, his jumps are slightly higher, and he's slightly quicker, but his damage will rack up quickly. This can be used for super armor as well. Great for landing the killing blow or racking up damage quickly in the beginning. While the entire time you're gaining consistently good amounts of damage, if you hold it for over 25 seconds or so the damage you take will start to double, meaning you can't abuse this. If you rapidly transform on and off, the amount of time doesn't wear off either - you need to wait a short amount of time to make sure your "time limit" goes back to normal.

Side b: ..yeah, kamehameha, what'd you expect? There are a few possibilities for this. First, he can charge it like samus' charge shot and keep it until he wants to use it, or he can quickly shout out, ..well, you know, and then fire the blast. For option one, it'd have impeccable range, and probably as much power as samus' charge shot. It hits multiple times to rack up good damage, and the final shot has knockback. However, if you miss and your opponent manages to get behind you, you're probably screwed.

For option two with the instant shot, it'd come out probably as fast as ike's f-smash, but again since it has a large range it's a great move. However, the move is a two-shotter. The first hit is like a gravitational pull, sucking the enemy in. Then the wave vanishes in a flash and knocks everyone flying. It'd have good damage and great knockback, but landing it is the main problem.

B: Ki-blasts. Yeah, simple. If for side b option 2 is used, this should probably be a charge up move. Instead of getting stronger when charged, you'll shoot multiple ki blasts rapidly, one after another. Knockback isn't the priority here, as the blasts are swift and carryable, as well as a projectile. Damage can be above average, but the knockback is pretty average, maybe even below. Good launched speed too, probably around link's gale boomerang speed.

His fs has quite a few possibilities. Vegeta could always sneak into the brawl and perform their rediculously stupid but powerful fusion dance, transforming into gogeta(no, not ssj4). All the moves get powered up, ofcourse. Probably equal to a down b. However, his down b can stack up on this fs, letting gogeta for yes, ssj4. Side b=big bang kamehameha, anyone? :p

the transformation fs has tons of possibilities though, he could go 3, and use his down b to go even 4. Whichever you prefer, really.

As for a non-transformation fs, there's again, tons of possibilities. Classic spirit bomb, temp. Transform/fusion to whip out some really awesome move, too many ideas that i'm going to get into.

Anyways.. I modified this moveset from pharos' on the spot, but i think it's passable, yeah?

I LIKE THIS IDEA!!!!!!! Major Goku fan.

I.. forgot to mention comments for your stage, Nick. >.>;;; Sorry, got caught up in making Goku's moveset a bit more detailed.

Aaaanyways. It's certainly a good stage. It doesn't look like it'd be a total pain in the ass, and I don't think the enemies that occure on the stage are overpowered or anything - although the Red Cannon Beetle's boulders shouldn't be too powerful. Strong, but more like around the intensity of Dialga/Palkia's laser beams. A bit more damage than those though, considering it's quite avoidable.

To be honest, I couldn't give a damn about Pikmin - but either way it's a good stage.

EDIT: Thanks, MangaGamer. And on that note, welcome back to wiichat. :p

Back