What to put in the next Smash Bros

only 2 projectiles, unless you count his FS.

and Darkrai is the Pokemon of nightmares, if his moves didn't invole putting them asleep then i f***ed up

Im not getting rid of yours, but can I at least post an idea I came up with?

Normal- Dark Pulse: Darkrai creates a ball of dark energy and charges it up. After relesing, circles of dark waves are shot out like this

l l l l l l

The longer you charged, the more waves there are. Each one does little damage, but pass through the enemy without making them flinch.

Side- Ominous Wind: Creates a weak tornado of shadow that spins around Darkrai for a few seconds. It pushes and close enemys away, and it also blocks projectiles.

Down- Sucker Punch: A counter attack. When anyone hits Darkrai during the move, he will unleash a quick punch. Its weaker than the other counter attacks, but it has a bit more range.

Up-Faint Attack: Turns into a misty shadow, and shoots in a direction. It does no damage, but Darkrai is invincible during this time.

Final Smash- Dark Void: Same as yours Shadow. Fire black orbs in every direction, and they put foes to sleep. They take damage because of bad dreams.

I really like all of mine, through Dark Pulse is questionable. Im not saying I dont like yours, I do. I just like mine better.

mine is based ofv the Darkrai in the movie.

yours is just a collection of moves he can do. the only one i like is the Dark Pulse idea

So what if yours are from the movie? Why dont you like mine? Most of them are similar to yours.....well, some at least.

The problem I see with yours is everything seems to stun the foe in some way. To boring and overpowered.

not overpowered. he would be very weak. he'd require a different play style. a strategy fight, not a strength one. which i find it a neat idea.

I still kinda dont like it...maybe we should get everybody to take a vote.

OK, as we all know, my old thread was lost. Along with all of the awesome stuff on it. But rumor has it, there are ways to somehow find it. If anybody can give me a link to the old version of this thread, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

OK, as we all know, my old thread was lost. Along with all of the awesome stuff on it. But rumor has it, there are ways to somehow find it. If anybody can give me a link to the old version of this thread, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Well, I googled it and copied and pasted all the pages of the old thread that I could find into a text file. It is definitely incomplete (some full pages missing), kinda hard to read, and some of the pages were cached by google before the page was full so some will be missing there too. But it's better than nothing and the best I could do.

Here it is: http://www.real-o.com/~real/next-smash-bros.txt

(If this URL doesn't work I can send it to you another way, but it should work.)

fixed. piplup is first form Neo/Nick(whatever you prefer)

Character: Darkrai (Pokemon Series)

B=Ice Beam: Chargable. At full charge it fires a blue beam of energy. Only goes 1/2 the distance of final destination. does between 5-25% depending on the charge. has a 20% chance of freezinng the enemy.

→B=Thunderbolt: Fires a quick bolt of electricity. doesn't go far and does only 8%. however it paralyzes the enemy for 5 seconds.

↑B=Shadow Sneak: Becomes see-through and flys. works like Zelda's ↑B but you can see him. does no damage but if it touches an enemy they fall asleep.

↓B=Dark Void Barrier: Creates a black barrier around him. nullifies projectiles(doesn't absorb or reflect just stops them). does no damage but any hit by it fall asleep.

Final Smash= Dark Void Storm: Fires multiple black orbs in every direction. If it hits an enemy they fall asleep for 10 seconds taking 5% damage every second.

Darkrai would be medium weight and have 3 jumps

Thunderbolt's range as you said is obviously limited, but 5 seconds of stun is way too much, it should be around Zamus' D-smash stun amount.

When it comes to Ice Beam, I think the knockback should be relatively low, but high if the freeze occures. 30% freeze chance would be better too, as getting the freeze more often would be nice, especially since having a fully charged Ice Beam would be rare, yeah?

Also, I think the beam should explode into ice fragments at the very end of the beam, and if that small area hits, the knockback should be double the amount. It'd be very hard to hit with, but it could be Darkrai's saving grace, considering all his specials have low power.

Im not getting rid of yours, but can I at least post an idea I came up with?

Normal- Dark Pulse: Darkrai creates a ball of dark energy and charges it up. After relesing, circles of dark waves are shot out like this

l l l l l l

The longer you charged, the more waves there are. Each one does little damage, but pass through the enemy without making them flinch.

Side- Ominous Wind: Creates a weak tornado of shadow that spins around Darkrai for a few seconds. It pushes and close enemys away, and it also blocks projectiles.

Down- Sucker Punch: A counter attack. When anyone hits Darkrai during the move, he will unleash a quick punch. Its weaker than the other counter attacks, but it has a bit more range.

Up-Faint Attack: Turns into a misty shadow, and shoots in a direction. It does no damage, but Darkrai is invincible during this time.

Final Smash- Dark Void: Same as yours Shadow. Fire black orbs in every direction, and they put foes to sleep. They take damage because of bad dreams.

I really like all of mine, through Dark Pulse is questionable. Im not saying I dont like yours, I do. I just like mine better.

...Shadow's moveset is a lot better.. Darkrai doesn't even learn Sucker Punch or Ominous Wind without a move tutor either. TM moves would make more sense IMO. They also fit Darkrai more too, Darkrai is known in competitive play for the BoltBeam combo, and is more about special attacks than raising stats(ominous wind)or attacking physically.

Fix the online mode. make it similar to mario kart wii, showing lottery of the possible stages to brawl in choose which area to fight such as worldwide or continental. Ranks and a chance to add friends while brawling in Anyone mode

Edit sonics final smash, im hearing in Tournaments final smashes been taken away because of him they could make it harder to control and lower the time of being super sonic.

The story mode should based on the characters in the game. such as Bowsers army, the story was good

Add more characters.

Edit sonics final smash, im hearing in Tournaments final smashes been taken away because of him they could make it harder to control and lower the time of being super sonic.

Sonic's FS isn't even close to the reason why tournys ban FS' - it's because FS' in general are just broken and stupid, as well as other items. Or atleast for competitive play, which is as aforementioned, a tournament. Sonic's FS is indeed one of the best and most annoying, ofcourse.

I still dont see anything wrong with my Darkrai moveset, everything you guys said was unimportant. Like I care If I didnt choose the best moves. But Im not going to argue anymore.

Thanks for the link, real-o. Ill copy some of the good stuff onto the thread.

So, heres an idea I made. I did edit a few things.

Sky Pillar
Sky Pillar, that place from Pokemon Emerald. It takes place on a small island in the middle of a huge ocean. Well, the battle would begin at the bottom of the tower, and start scrolling up. There would be a lot of holes and breakable platforms on this stage, and occasionally Drop-blocks. Sometimes rocks will fall from above. After a while, you would get to the top of the tower, which is in the sky. Rayquaza would be watching from the background. This place would be flat, with only two platforms moving around above. Aftar fighting here for a bit, Rayquaza would fly up and fly on the stage, and if you dint jump on his back you would die. He would fly all across Hoenn, going to different places like Battle Frontier etc.
His back is a flat area which sometimes bends, and no platforms. He would eventually drop you off at the bottom of Sky Tower again, and the cycle continues....

But yeah, Super Sonic is really annoying. Its powerful, and easy to get hit by. It should be powered down for sure.

Yeah I know. But Im not sure if it was part of the storyline there, I forget.

I couldent find it on real-os link, so Im going to make it again from scratch. One of my favorite stage ideas.

Whirl Islands
The battle takes place on a stormy sea, near the Jhoto region. Its rainy and dark. It takes place on a small island, with a large cave on it. There are also two rocks next to it the act as platforms. Like this:

-------------------_________-------------
-------___-------/-------------\-------___
------/----\-----/---------------\-----/-----\

The water is rough when you swim in it. Sometimes wood planks and other things come floating in and act as temporary platforms until they sink. Certain water Pokemon like Mantine, Tentacruel, and Lanturn will appear way off in the background. There are also hazards to this stage, like a cyclone coming in to pick up characters, and then carry them away. Whirlpools will form between the island and the rocks, and suck up any characters swimming in it. However, the deadliest thing of this stage lies deep in the cave. Lugia will sometimes burst out of it, and use attacks. Aeroblast is a blast of wind that does lots of damage, and Hydropump will push characters off the stage at high pressure.

I plan on sharing the others soon.

Last edited:
it was storyline in emerald. in R/S it was a secret area just to get rayquaza and to level up fast. the average poke there was high 50s low 60s. i hate that emerald changed that.

told you so nick

Yeah. I wish the Pokes there were high level.

Speaking of legendary Pokemon, I changed my last post.

Edit: I changed this post too. Feel free to add things that you posted on the old thread.

Lost Woods
Its the Lost Woods from the Zelda series. Its a Woods where...lets just say its easy to get lost in. Basically, its a two layer stage, with a tree trunk and some platforms near the middle of the top half. On On each side, there is a hollow log you can go through. Like this:

-----------__----__----__
------------------l l
_____-----------l l----------_____
LOG-----------__l l__--------LOG
==== _____/_____\_____====
_____--__-------------__--_____
LOG--------------------------LOG
====\_______________/====

I labeled the logs for some reason. But sometimes one or two Deku Babas will pop up in the middle of the bottom half, a little in the background. They will bite anyone who passes by. Also, if you stand on one of the two top platforms, a Deku Scrub will appear on the tree in the middle, and shoot slow moving Deku Nuts at you. You can hurt the Deku Scrub by reflecting the nut or hitting it with a projectile, and it will leave for a while. In the background, a Skull Kid will sometimes appear playing a flute. It can aim at a character, and shoot small Deku Nuts in a machine gun like fashion. These are different than the ones the Scrub shoots.

Last edited:
Back