What TV should I buy for BRAWL?

Deanis said:
I cant be assed making a new thread for this. But has anyone else considered that 480p (Wii) and 720p (360 and PS3) really arent THAT much different resolution wise?
240 horizontal lines of resolution difference, so 720p is 0.5x higher res...

Remember HD has higher vertical AND horizontal - so if you compare the available image data (total px) of SD vs. HD (720)

SD = 345,600
HD = 921,600 (720)

That's ~2.5 times more picture data being displayed.

dont get a plasma
if you're buying it just for video games, the "burn in"from things like the health tickers on the game will become a constant nuisance
get a LCD

lavalamp said:
i have a 52" by 52" , but if i were you, if you dont wanna spend too much, get a 32"by32"

Displays are measured by diagonal. I'm not sure what 52" x 52" means?

For example, our Sony is 50" diagonal wide (16:9). There's not another measurement to specify the screen (I mean, there's a H and V measure of the physical display, but it would be much wider than tall, like 35x65).

I say get a decent standard tv.Hd tvs and projection tvs get blurry after a while.Our projection tv used to be clear but now its kinda blurry so we just use it for video games.If all your using it for its video gmaes i suggest a 40 inch projection tv like ours.

Wooowww.. buying a TV just for SSBB. YOUR RUBBING IN THE FACT I STILL DON'T HAVE A WII AREN'T YOU?!

-coughcough-
i'm not really sure what to recommend, though.

hmm i'll be buying a new tv for brawl too, i'll probably go all out and buy an expensive one, so i can have it for a while and not have to get a new one anytime soon(but car comes first)

as for the people who are saying 'wow your getting a tv just for brawl, that's crazy/sad' how's that sad? You can't really judge someone accurately over the interweb, for all you know he's rich or doesn't own a tv at all, but wants to play brawl...

Last edited:
gnahc79 said:
http://www.avsforum.com

More info on TVs, DVD players, etc then you will ever need or want to know. Search is your friend there btw, nearly every single question you have has been answered there :).

Thx Gnh guy, website for the thanks for the website!

Back