What TV To Get???

spicka

Beastin By Nature!
Dec 28, 2006
Wilmington, NC
Ok everyone, im buying a new TV in the next few days/weeks and i dont know what to get. So im looking for suggestions!

I want..
-HDTV with at least 720p but i would like 1080i
-Around 30 inches
-LCD not Plasma
-$400-$500
-HDMI input
-Reliable Brand
-16:9 widescreen

Thanks For ANY Help!!!

Last edited:
Well i have seen some decent ones on newegg.com in my price range but they are brands i dont know or dont have experience with

You will not find a reliable brand LCD for that price. As for resolution, most 720p televisions support up to 1080i. Although HD broadcasts are in 720p.

I just bought a 30" Samsung SlimFit HD tube. I love it. To get an LCD same size with a picture quality as good I would of had to pay $1000+. Shelf price is about $650. I got it for much less because I work there.

thats a hard price range to crack, whats better then an HD Tv is an HD 1080i projector you can make the screen like huge, and if you look around you can find some for like $150 at the least $500 most.

Olevia, Westinghouse, Vizio, and Insignia are TV's that are going to be inexpensive but they all have a low contrast ratio. Which is going to give you a more washed out image and will restrict your viewing angle. You will need to pick cheap or quality. You won't find both.

Sovieto said:
most 720p tvs nowadays support 1080i (but 1080i and 720p are so similar its not tagged as: 1080i!!)
what are you planning on using it for?
and you probably wont get that realible of a brand for your price range
but i suggest this tv nonetheless, i got the smaller version of it, and its a good price for what you get
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5031323

I will use it for wii/ps3, and cable (HD)

I think im just going to have to save up and wait a little while :rolleyes:

Back