What Type of Controller are you Using for Goldeneye?

Wiimote and the chuck all the way. I had little trouble getting used to it when playing Metroid prime 3, and really enjoyed how it played like the wiimote was a mouse. One trick a girl i worked with told me she used was to play with a pillow on her lap for the hand with the wiimote in it. It helped steady her hand i'm guessing. my girlfriend has tried to use that but it didn't seem to help her much for keeping the crosshair steady. Besides the peeking around corners, melee is a lot easier than reaching for a button, its just a shake. I will admit that i still have some trouble losing my crosshairs and getting the ∅ symbol but after so much playing i can recover quick enough.

I prefer to use the Gamecube controller, but I will use the Wii Remote if I have to.

Wiimote and Noobchuck all the way! Melee is much easier. To steady it better, get comfortable on the courch and rest the wiimote on your leg. Deadly.

I used the wiimote for the tutorial, and even turning was a pain, so i gave up on that.
Plus i usually 'hang' in my couch when playing. Which doesn't seem possible with the wiimote.
Hell i consider that part of console gaming.

So while i think the wiimote a good invention, it was definitely not the reason why i wante a wii. Ever since Super Mario Bros, and Zelda on the SNES, i've been hooked to the kinda games only Nintendo provides.

Last edited:
Last night (3am) was my first time playing Goldeneye.

Using the nunchuck and remote wasn't too bad.

I've tried nunchuck and wiimote but I really dont like it. So I bought myself two classic controllers and now I LOVE playing with it. In my opinion, classic controllers are way better. Especially if you are a Playstation player (like myself).

How does the zapper work exactly?

In theory the aiming seems easy with it. That is to say in shooters where you stand from a fixed position. I remember playing with a gun on a playstation game like that. I wonder how it works when you're actually moving.How do you turn with it? You turn the zapper sideways? Like with a steering wheel?

Redcrow: The zapper is like a frame-like gun... kind of like a shotgun. You place the wii remote in the slot in the front, and behind, you connect the nunchuck to the wii remote. Like this picture below:

3gew5.jpg

To move around and the likes, you move the gun (wii remote) to aim/look around. You can also jump and throw grenandes. It's actually pretty easy. :) The nunchuck you can control the character, and on the nunchuck you can crouch, and use the aim function to make the other characters visible (that is, you have the option turned on).

Hopefully I made some sense. ;)

How does the zapper work exactly?
It's basically Wiimote+nunchuck, but holding the set with both hands makes it more stable and accurate imo. Only odd thing (compared to "normal" gun) is that the "trigger" is in front of the gun.

I use the wiimote and nunchuck! I did try a gamecube controller, but it was stiffy when aiming down the sight, and melee was hard to do quick enough. I'd rather just use the nunchuck.

Back