What Type of Controller are you Using for Goldeneye?

The WiiMote and nunchuck are considered the best controllers for GE. Sniping and masterton control is easier with a CCP but the advantage you gain when hip-firing is much greater using the WiiMote.

Nice to see some more UK names on the board :)

Since I got the game, back in 2010, I've only used the nunchuck. I am currently at lvl. 47. I tried switching to the classic controller a few months back it failed miserably. I am so used to the nunchuck. It's all I use.

Mod edit: No multi posting. Use the edit button instead.

Exchange Friend Codes in FC threads only.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've got a tip for you. You did find the promo code for classic conflict in the case , correct? Correct. Use it. Go to classic conflict and wait for a guy named Catastrophe and play with him. He is a hacker who will give you 5000 xp for every kill. Trust me. I went from level 19 to level 38 in 3 hours. I swear.

i am on level 39

Last edited by a moderator:
WiiMote and Numbchuck are best. Period.

I must agree. I've got the Zapper and Classic Controller, tried them both, and failed badly at both. Only tried them just a couple times. Just couldn't get the hang of it quickly enough to play online so I reverted back to the Mote and Chuck. I suppose if you spent a lot of time playing with it, and that's what you're most comfortable with, any of them would work best for you. I just honestly don't like to try to use my right thumb to try to aim quickly. I usually sway too far from one side to the other vs. the mote, you can control it a little better....

I must agree. I've got the Zapper and Classic Controller, tried them both, and failed badly at both. Only tried them just a couple times. Just couldn't get the hang of it quickly enough to play online so I reverted back to the Mote and Chuck. I suppose if you spent a lot of time playing with it, and that's what you're most comfortable with, any of them would work best for you. I just honestly don't like to try to use my right thumb to try to aim quickly. I usually sway too far from one side to the other vs. the mote, you can control it a little better....

Like i probably said before.it's just the opposite for me. I'm so used to 'normal' controller gaming that the wiimote and chuck just seemed annoying. I tried it a few times in the beginning but the turning was a beatch. Not too mention i kept getting that red screeny thing that shows your controller was out of bounds. Not too mention i like too lay back in my couch while gaming which i don't think is possible with the wiimote. (It's only when i'm getting owned a couple of times in a row and i get angry that i sit up straight and go into 'serious' mode.)The only thing that i dislike about the classic controller is that i don't got me a pro one. Making melee more difficult. The ZL and ZR button are not easy to reach in the normal classic controller. Which is why i hardly melee, and why i lose half of my melee batles.
(Now everyone on this board is gonna get nice and close and melee the c'rap outta me)

Last edited:
I agree with redcrow, the turning is a "beatch", but if you set the turning speed just perfectly it gets a lot easier to live with. I haven't used a classic controller but i've heard that hipfiring is harder with it, but sniping is easier.

Sniping is much easier with dual analog. Also, I feel that hipfiring is actually easier with CCP or GCC, considering that that reticle is much more stable. ADS at long range with a Wiimote, however, will almost always beat dual analog because the ADS snap follows the target.

So my opinion is:

At close quarters - ADS: GCC/CCP > Wiimote
At close quarters - Hipfire: GCC/CCP > Wiimote

At long range - ADS: GCC/CCP < Wiimote
At long range - Hipfire: Why are you hipfiring at long range if you aren't DaisyFan?

Sniping: GCC/CCP > Wiimote.

Now, I'm sure that people will disagree with me, but tis my opinion.

Sniping is much easier with dual analog. Also, I feel that hipfiring is actually easier with CCP or GCC, considering that that reticle is much more stable. ADS at long range with a Wiimote, however, will almost always beat dual analog because the ADS snap follows the target.

So my opinion is:

At close quarters - ADS: GCC/CCP > Wiimote
At close quarters - Hipfire: GCC/CCP > Wiimote

At long range - ADS: GCC/CCP < Wiimote
At long range - Hipfire: Why are you hipfiring at long range if you aren't DaisyFan?

Sniping: GCC/CCP > Wiimote.

Now, I'm sure that people will disagree with me, but tis my opinion.

I can't say that I disagree with you, however, I just cannot get used to it. The reticle is 100% more stable with the CCP, but again, I've used NOTHING but the Wiimote & Chuck since I've owned the Wii and cannot get used to anything else. Tried the Zapper, Tried the wheel for Mario Kart, Tried the CCP....just like the good ole fashoned mote & Chuck combo.

Back