Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
The console looks like this..
promo_2.jpg

The controller looks like this
promo_1.jpg

promo_4.jpg

Via Kotaku
We've seen it in person, played with its unique control scheme. It is a combination of a more traditional interface—as previously reported, the New Controller has two analog sticks, one d-pad, four face buttons, two shoulder buttons and two triggers—and the tilting, turning and shaking motion controls that made the Wii a smash success.

The new controller also incorporates a large touchscreen interface, a front-facing camera, gyroscope, and microphone.

Nintendo offered the following loose technical specifications to Kotaku in a pre-briefing on Nintendo's New Console.
  • High definition display, up to 1080p resolution via HDMI output
  • 6.2" touchscreen on New Controller, running in non-HD resolution
  • Internal flash-based media storage, upgradeable via USB and SD carts
  • Games ship on proprietary iDensity discs of unspecified, but "large capacity"
  • Games will also be available as downloadable content
  • Console compatible with Wii games and devices
  • Release date between April 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012; or after the end of Nintendo's fiscal year

Discs are up to 25gig
http://kotaku.com/5809701/wii-u-discs-will-be-25gb-in-size

Specs and games
Details:

Console:
-IBM multi-core processor
-'Optical disc media'
-Flash based storage
-HDMI 1080p
-4x USB
-Supports all Wii games, controllers and accessories

Controller:
-6.2" single-touch screen
-Accelerometer + Gyroscope
-Rumble
-Microphone
-Stereo speakers
-Acts as secondary screen (DS style)
-Acts as primary screen when TV is off
-Two analogue sticks
-Requires sensor bar

Games:
-Zelda
-New Super Mario Bros Mii
-Aliens Colonial Marines
-Battlefield 3
-Batman: Arkham City
-Darksiders II
-Dirt
-FIFA
-Madden NFL
-Metro Last Light
-Ninja Gaiden 3
-Tekken
-The Sims Social
-Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon Online

Ill put in more info as I find it

Last edited:
my two cents:

that is the ugliest most uncomfortable looking controller I have ever seen, including the first original xbox controller. WOW shrink the screen 20% and put handles on it first before putting a price tag on it.

on the other hand LOTS of potential for video games but the old wii still does not have a single game that fully takes advantage of what it can do. This wii U better be something more than an educational toy for kids.

I LOVED Okami so naturally that and Epic Mickey and zelda style games is the logical type of games to play on it.

This early it all looks fake and I can't imagine why game developers would try to make an adult game with a whole lot of bells and whistles with a controller that would send an able-bodied person to the hospital.

and yes I am cranky today but why build wii U when the wii is still a failure *shakes head* :frown5:

that is the ugliest most uncomfortable looking controller I have ever seen, including the first original xbox controller. WOW shrink the screen 20% and put handles on it first before putting a price tag on it.

People that have had a chance to try it at E3 are reporting that it's surprisingly comfortable to hold. Keep in mind it's not just flat on the bottom, it has contours for your hands.

Plus I don`t think Nintendo would make that mistake, they are always improving the ergonomics of their products again and again.

I just loved what I saw. :)

thanks for that Skippy but I still don't like the shape and the size of it and I have perfect piano key hands. If I can't hold that thing and press the buttons without building my own set of handles I am at a loss to call that thing fun.

i.e. I can't play a ds for an hour without cracking my knuckles and nintendo spent to much time in the poppy fields ....... urgh I mean at least show me two controller models to pick from. I still love the wii controllers and that thing would definately suck for a good guitar player that has trouble making all the chords.

do we know if purchases (games, DLC) on my current wii will be exportable to the new Wii U?

I don't think they've said anything yet, but the 3DS was just updated to allow porting over stuff like that from the DSi, so I'm assuming that it's likely they'll figure out something, but we'll have to wait and see.

All i wanted was an Hd Wii for less then $400, Half my dream is true so i'm hoping for the 2nd half to be true as well. I'm looking foward to next year while saving every dime.

Anyone see the tech demo of the hd zelda?

Still looks good so far...Controller isn't so bad. Just need big hands lol.

I really like the games. Too bad Gamecube games will not get played on it :(

thumbsup: $250 dollars is dirt cheap for a wii stapled to a graphics card stapled to a U draw stapled to a cutting board LMAO :wink:

thumbsdown: 1 controller means your friends have to watch until they buy their own.

Back