What Will Happen After...

+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
We Get The Full Version Of The Internet Channel?

Do You Think We'll Have To Pay Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Wii Points?

Debate And Discuss.:lol:

I thought it was going to stay a free service.. might have just been a rumor I heared mind

It is going to stay free as far as i've heard. The only charge for it is if people download/install it after july (i think) then they'll be charged in points for the download.

i read in the omn (uk) that it would be free until June 2007 and then there would be some kind of fee but they couldn't confirm if it was going to be monthly or one off..

TAKEN FROM NINTENDO EUROPE -

The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June. After June 2007, the browser will be available for download in the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii Points.

Last edited:
The version you can download atm is the beta version. This version will remain free for the life of the Wii.

The download will be the full version, released in March which will be 500 Wii points.

I'm looking forward to the full version. I hope they have tabs on, because I don't like surfing the internet on a single window. Also, it'd be nice if it could play .avi, .mpg and .wmv files too. Also some sort of ability to save pictures/videos would be nice. Along with some sort of 'left mouse button' option, so that some java games that use both could run without the need for special versions to be run for the Wii.

The full version is supposed to have more features and the latest version of flash. It's a one time fee of $5 for the full version. We get it free until I think June.

It will definitely stay free – I'm expecting to see embedded movie player support, newer versions of Flash, Java Applet support, .jsp .cgi etc. support...

Basically everything your regular internet browser has but your Wii browser does not.

Why would we pay a weekly/monthly/yearly fee? It's YOUR internet service that you are ALREADY paying for and could access on your computer with out a Wii! Nintendo is just supplying an internet borwser, not any kind of internet service at all. Like others have said, its free untill later this year, then eventually people will need to pay a one time fee for the Opera browser. That would be complete madness for you to be paying for your monthly internet service PLUS paying Nintendo for you to use that already paid internet service on your Wii.

Back