What Wireless Router Would You Recommend?

D Twizzle

Lovin' The Wii
Aug 16, 2006
Nottingham, England
Wii Online Code
0130-2935-1724-6313
I did have a wireless router but it broke, what routers would you recomend for me? My last router would only let me connect one DS at a time, I dunno if other ones are different?

I'm using a Windows XP PC and dont mind paying for a decent router for playing DS and Wii.

Well, I have a Mac, but my uncle has a PC and laptop that were always losing their connection to their Linksys wireless router. So, they got a netgear one and it hasn't failed them half as much. I have a Linksys router aswell and I'm getting tired of reseting it all the time; atleast once every other day.

So, stay away from Linksys routers. Wish I knew more.

NateTheGreat said:
Well, I have a Mac, but my uncle has a PC and laptop that were always losing their connection to their Linksys wireless router. So, they got a netgear one and it hasn't failed them half as much. I have a Linksys router aswell and I'm getting tired of reseting it all the time; atleast once every other day.

So, stay away from Linksys routers. Wish I knew more.
So your saying Netgear, thanks alot i'll google it.

If you don't want to pay for the name, then wireless routers can be found here for a very reliable price, we got ours, and it has a print server, works with DS, Xbox 360, laptop, Pc and had 4 ethernets on the back and a USB:

http://ebuyer.com/customer/home/

^ Never had any problems!

Also try www.dabs.com , but not over ebuyer!

Good luck.

Jaz said:
If you don't want to pay for the name, then wireless routers can be found here for a very reliable price, we got ours, and it has a print server, works with DS, Xbox 360, laptop, Pc and had 4 ethernets on the back and a USB:

http://ebuyer.com/customer/home/

^ Never had any problems!

Also try www.dabs.com , but not over ebuyer!

Good luck.
Thanks alot, all this help is appreciated :yesnod:

indextop10272003.jpg

If you want a pretty one that's...well...overpriced, but quite reliable I've heard, then go with Apple's AirPort Base Station, which I'm pretty sure is a modem and router all in one. It would look nice next to Wii. Go here to look and read about it and here for reviews (and yeah, it works with Windows quite well). I'd like one if it were free.:D

*EDIT* Meant to add: Go here first, click on whatever region you are from, then click the "Get Connected" link and then click the "At Home" link from the following page to go through a quick little questionare in which you should say you don't have a wireless router. This will bring you to a screen that will have a link to a list of routers.

Here is the American list of Nintendo Wifi compatible routers. Yes, this is just for the DS at the moment, but most likely, Wii will be compatible with the same routers. Hope that helps and make sure to check that list before buying.

Last edited:
I would recommend getting a Wireless-G one at least. (not a brand name, just type of wireless)

Contrary to a post somewhere above, my Wireless Linksys hasn't failed me since the day i bought it :)

I have a Linksys, and it mostly works great. The problem is that I can't secure it because anytime I try, it completely locks up and blocks all traffic (wired and wireless). Fortuanately, our network is secured by aluminum siding. The DS requires Wireless B (this includes B, G, and N routers), though I'm not sure about the Wii. This could be something to look into.

Thanks for all the advice guys, in the end I bought a Buffalo one because it said in my magazine that there the only router built with Nintendo Wi-Fi in mind and even has a picture of a DS on the box :yesnod:

I'll let you know if its any good or not.

Back