What would be a good game for a couple?

all_bran

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
We got Smarty Pants, and that's pretty good. My fiance loves trivia. We tried Brain Academy Wii Degree or whatever... and that wasnt' bad, but we weren't that into the whole abstract thinking thing.

Anybody know of good games for a couple? We like hockey, how is that Kidz Ice Hockey thingy? How about that Cranium-ish game? (Kaboozoki or something)

I haven't played it but you might want to try renting Cooking Mama. Seems that people like it, would be good for a couple. You could also try Excite Truck if you like racing.

Theres also Trauma Center: Second Opinion, where you do surgeries sort of. I hear it can be challenging though.

You can play super mario galaxy two player, but I hear its not so great 2 player.

I can't think of anything that has trivia persay. You might like playing Zack and Wiki together. It's a quality puzzle game, only single player but you can work the puzzles together.

I've seen Cranium Kabooki at the store, I haven't really heard anything about it. I assume it'd just be an extension of the board game sort of.

Theres also mercury meltdown revolution. It's supposedly a really great game for an affordable $20.

resident evil: umbrella chronicles makes for a great co-op game.

...unless your fiance doesn't enjoy blasting the brains out of zombies of course. :lol:

If I could ever get my gf to sit down and play with me I would pick Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. It could possibly be awesome in the dark. You two on the couch blasting away at Zombies. When I was playing Resident Evil 4 while my gf sat back and watched she was screaming at some of the gory monsters in it.

In all seriousness though. For a more casual game I would recommened Trauma Center. You two can perform heart-pounding surgeries together. I've never played it but I certainly want to.

My wifes a huge fan of Mario Party games and the Mario Sports games.. All of them are great multi player games..

So far for the Wii this includes

Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers "soccer"

Keep an eye out for

Mario Kart
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
Mario Tennis

On the trivia end there are a few with games

Game Party it has darts, table hockey, Skee ball,shuffle board,ping shot, hoops shoot, and trivia
Smarty Pants age-targeted trivia plus actionbased gestures

From my games, we have trauma center second opinion which is only one player but new blood has a co-op mode which is cool.
we have big brain, it's fun, when we pick it up.... DON'T get Alien Syndrom unless you're diehard fans of the retro game. Super Mario Galaxy is a beautiful game but the co-op pretty much sucks. it's good to teach your children how to play while youre the useless second player though :)

wii play has some fun stuff, but not like all day every day fun :)

my girl likes to sit and watch me play zelda(hehe)
we've reserved Mario Kart too....
looks like i haven't been much help, but maybe you have some ideas of what NOT to get :)

I really enjoyed the baseball on wii sports, if you know of any fun baseball games that take advantage of the wii's controls, please let ME know!!!

laserbeak4 said:
From my games, we have trauma center second opinion which is only one player but new blood has a co-op mode which is cool.
we have big brain, it's fun, when we pick it up.... DON'T get Alien Syndrom unless you're diehard fans of the retro game. Super Mario Galaxy is a beautiful game but the co-op pretty much sucks. it's good to teach your children how to play while youre the useless second player though :)

wii play has some fun stuff, but not like all day every day fun :)

my girl likes to sit and watch me play zelda(hehe)
we've reserved Mario Kart too....
looks like i haven't been much help, but maybe you have some ideas of what NOT to get :)

I really enjoyed the baseball on wii sports, if you know of any fun baseball games that take advantage of the wii's controls, please let ME know!!!

Where did you reserve mario kart? I haven't seen it anywhere, or any release dates yet.

all_bran said:
Where did you reserve mario kart? I haven't seen it anywhere, or any release dates yet.

i reserved it at gamestop. if you don't have a local gamestop in your area, you can reserve it at www.gamestop.com

also, you might want to check out some virtual console games.
i got dungeon explorer(turbo graphix and up to 5 players) it's not the greatest game(a gauntlet clone) but it's cool for 500 or 600 wii points to spend a little time with the ones you love :)

i'll be getting some cooler titles when i get classic/gamecube controllers.

i dunno about the hockey game but let me know how it is if you get it bc i need a hockey game!

also, get zak and wiki. one person controls zack and the other person can draw on the screen to like tell them how they think a puzzle should be solved. look into it.

Back