What would be some good tactics to practice

Doc141

Super Mario Bros. MASTA!
Mar 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
2478-2768-0821-6129
Everytime I go live with this game I get my ass handed to me. What are some good tactics to try.

practice charging the ball with b, then passing it gets the ball white quickly, also pass with a lob then go for a shot

Never tried that. All I know is where I do really good alone and pretty good with friends. I go online and I'm facing the Zeus of Mario Strikers... Does the Rank System even work right?

what is that?

TitansATB said:
Im sure thats all you use

HB's dex is not hammer spam, people don't like it because they think is over powered well is not. i think is the easiest counter move in the game, on the other hand, birdo's dance + item is deadly. and come on people, is just a game, try to have fun with it, u paid 50 bucks for it, no reason to get mad, right?

big willa said:
what is a counter move and how do you do it.

basically any character can counter HB, it just takes some time. when HB uses his dex because u r close to him and about to tackle or whatever, let him do it, run around him and he will keep using his dex cuz it takes about .5-1 second for HB to do the next dex, that is the time tackle him (by shaking your wiimote), it would be best if you do it with drydone or someone fast.

i play for fun, not records or points or striker of the day

Here's a good move:
Get dry bones on your half with the ball, then run up the line and tap z so he passes it to himself then when ur near the goalie do his teleport which should take u past the goalie then shoot with an open goal.

shock said:
HB's dex is not hammer spam, people don't like it because they think is over powered well is not. i think is the easiest counter move in the game, on the other hand, birdo's dance + item is deadly. and come on people, is just a game, try to have fun with it, u paid 50 bucks for it, no reason to get mad, right?

yea thats true, its really easy to counter if your patient

Grubby_ said:
hammer spam

That's the oldest trick in the book and it's easy to counter because these players are extremely predictable. Just come near them, they will do a hammer and if you time it right, you can easily steal the ball. Or you could just let them charge and then ram them (after a second) because they often don't want to stop charging after they started it.

Back