What would you change about the Wii?

JoeTheZombie

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Idaho
I wish I could eject the disc using the remote. I would like to press the power button quickly to eject the disc, but still allow holding down the power button to shut the unit off without ejecting the disc.

If a GameCube disc is in the drive, when I switch the unit on I should be able to press (A) on the GCN controller at the warning screen to immediately launch the title. It is highly annoying to have to fiddle with the Wiimote and menus, then swap to the GCN controller just to get the game launched.

I want to use the USB ports for external storage devices.

I want a stronger strap for the remote. My seven year old busted the strap while playing tennis, luckily it hit the wall and not the TV. There was no damage done to the wall or the Wiimote, so it wasn't a massive strain on the strap.

I want GBA games for the Virtual Console. Two of my favorite games are Metroid: Zero Mission, and Metroid Fusion. I own both on the GBA, but these games are so much more fun when played full screen using a full sized controller... thank god for VisualBoyAdvance and the SuperJoyBox 13!

What would you like to see?

Even if you have an eject button on the Wii Remote, you still have to get up to take the disc out of the slot and put it into the game disc. I was thinking about how nice it would be to not even get off your couch if there were an eject button on the main screen, but then I thought about the other half of the situation. No sense to make it ejectable from the remote/screen.

I see your point about the eject, but my DVD player has an eject button. I often press it while setting on the couch so that by the time I walk over to the player, the disc tray is open, ready for me to grab the media. I seriously hate pressing an eject button, then standing there hunched over with my thumb up my... well, never mind; for several seconds while the machine thinks about ejecting it or not. The Wii's response time is pretty good, though. About 3 seconds from command to action. I have an old DVD recorder that takes nearly 10 seconds for the ejection sequence to complete. Migraine inducing!

JoeTheZombie said:
I see your point about the eject, but my DVD player has an eject button. I often press it while setting on the couch so that by the time I walk over to the player, the disc tray is open, ready for me to grab the media. I seriously hate pressing an eject button, then standing there hunched over with my thumb up my... well, never mind; for several seconds while the machine thinks about ejecting it or not. The Wii's response time is pretty good, though. About 3 seconds from command to action. I have an old DVD recorder that takes nearly 10 seconds for the ejection sequence to complete. Migraine inducing!

life is hard eh.

LOL... Yah, you know you have it tough when you're bitchin' about the eject speed of your gear. :crazy:

Just upgrade the video card to a high end current one. Im not the biggest fan of ATI, Nvidia is what I always run in my comps! Puts out amazing FPS in almost any games!

I'd have to say a power button on the Wiimote FOR the Wiimote. I'm tired of having to take out a battery, put it back in, and gently set it down so not to turn it on and waste battery life when I sit down to play Mario 64. Also, I'd put more VC games on there. Especially N64 games like Goldeneye and Zelda.

I would change the fact that there is no online multiplayer right now.

That too, and I'd make the blue light an option to be constant. That light is cool.

In order of importance to me:

1.) 720p
2.) Dolby Digital/DTS
3.) Gameboy Player, or at least a player that lets Gameboy games in the DS be uploaded to the Wii and played on screen
4.) Blue Light Option

I am GLAD they use ATI. Nvidia defines what's wrong with the US. Microsoft uses ATI for the Xbox 360 too, over Nvidia that was used in the Xbox. Xbox 360 is highly successful. Coincidence?

i want:
better GFX
HD
downloadable demos
no friend codes, something like gamertags
microphone
view music, video, & pics from usb

Back