WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE IN the ps3?

afghanballer

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2007
These are mine:

1)LOWER THE DAMN PRICE!

2) start using dual layer blu-ray discs now... the bigger the better

3)secure thos exclusives. if MGS4 is gone ps3 is at its death bed. (dont forget Lair, Killzone 2)

4) Make a new model like a 130Gb but dont make the same mistake with the 20GB

5)Include HDMI cables, Component cables (HD SYSTEM WITHOUT HD CABLES?)

6)Original games will make the ps3 a bomb ( just look at he ps2 its selling more than the 360 )

Well things im really looking forward is HOME it could give Live and WIICONNECT a huge blow.

Im not attacking you or anything, but just giving you some knowlege on your wants.

afghanballer said:
1)LOWER THE DAMN PRICE!
They currently lose 300$ per 20gig sold, and $240 per 60gig. Thats a big loss.
The Hardware inside is worth a lot.

2) start using dual layer blu-ray discs now... the bigger the better
Is this sarcasm? I think at this point BR disks going up in price wont help.

3)secure thos exclusives. if MGS4 is gone ps3 is at its death bed. (dont forget Lair, Killzone 2)
MGS4 is an exclusive, the other systems wont be able to run the game they way the creator wanted it. There is also a huge list of exclusives coming out. Sony has really buffed up on the first party developement.

4) Make a new model like a 130Gb but dont make the same mistake with the 20GB
They already are. But its also fair enough to point out that the HDs in the PS3 are interchangable. They are normal HDs you can buy at any computer store. Better yet, go online and get that 200gig for cheap, its not like they are expensive anymore. There is also a method to add 40 gigs to your current PS3 hardrive due to its partitioning.

5)Include HDMI cables, Component cables (HD SYSTEM WITHOUT HD CABLES?)
Not everyone has an HDCP compatible TV. If you can afford an HD tv, then it makes sense to be able to afford a $10 HDMI cable.

6)Original games will make the ps3 a bomb ( just look at he ps2 its selling more than the 360 )
I agree, and it seems to be going in that direction but not too soon. Long term approach.

Well things im really looking forward is HOME it could give Live and WIICONNECT a huge blow.
I agree. But where home really shines is not its innovative approach to online interconnectivity, but also how it sells to companies as well. Like Second Life, companies would be interested in promoting their name or brand, and therefor adding revinue for sony, thus the free service and hopefully quicker price cuts.

Get rid of blu-ray and maybe it would be cheaper? Or not :)

I haven't got one yet but am planning on getting one in a few months, and have just ordered a HDTV for my bedroom anyway so im HD ready :D

Well i'm sure everyone will be saying "Lower the price" , but as Shiftfallout said , they are already making a loss, it IS an expensive product, Sony should have obviously thought this through a lot more if they were going to develop a gaming console rarther than a multimedia home centre. But to be honest i think its worth it for what it has inside,

(the only thing i'm not happy about is the fact that Europe's version does not have the emotion chip but we are still paying the same amount?)

Also if blu-ray comes top then this will be a big bonus of course. I'm really looking forward to games such as MGS4 and FF13 of course. They do need more games, but i feel the console is still in its early stages, i'd rarther the developers take thier time and create some good games, then rush a few to increase the range of games they have now.

As i don't own one yet i'm not sure what the online content is like, my friend keeps telling me to get the 360 because they enable you to have more downloadable content for the games, and games such as GTA4, the 360 will enable you to download more things to add on to the game etc.

It would be cheaper without the blu-ray, but i think this is a good option to stick this in now ;) Its a powerfull large format and future proof. The only downfall at the moment is they are never ever going to need all the space, you are paying more atm for the wasted space on the discs in games not been used, and less on 360 with the HD DVD. Hope that all make sence, just woke up lol.

Do you need a HD Tv for Ps3? I decided i'm going to get one yesterday which will take about a year :) (The Home feature gave me that little extra push).

dan99iel said:
Do you need a HD Tv for Ps3? I decided i'm going to get one yesterday which will take about a year :) (The Home feature gave me that little extra push).

Nope, but you wont experience those lovely high resolution HD visuals without one.

Shiftfallout said:
*snip*

They currently lose 300$ per 20gig sold, and $240 per 60gig. Thats a big loss.

*snip*

That's a lot. I thought it was in the 80's all this time.

MasterChief said:
That's a lot. I thought it was in the 80's all this time.

aye
"As their extensive charts reveal, Sony is taking an estimated loss of $306.85 for its 20GB lower-end model, and another $241.35 loss for each 60GB model, compared against their respective $499 and $599 price points."

'Home' Seems like something i would really enjoy playing around with , not sure for how long but i hope its fun and easy to communicate with people, i can imagine myself spending ages trying to create my home lol. I just hope they don't start charging too much for additional items you can buy in the future.

You don't need a HDTV , but i think these next gen consoles should really be experianced with one :) Can't wait till mine arrives! I just got this one for my bedroom, not too big not too small i don't think, really good price, on a sale atm too,

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...eview_HD_Ready_Widescreen_LCD_TV/Product.html

--

Ooo wait i just thought of something i would change, try finding a way to add rumble back in the controler, i know they couldn't because it messed with the 6-axis features, but would be nice if they could release a controler with the rumble feature in.

A lot of people say lower the damn price, I totally agree but there is always someone who says that Sony are loosing money on each console and that proves the technology is worth it, and it is worth it however I am not willing to spend £400 on a console that plays games. It isn’t just me that thinks like this, apparently the opinion of many people. I think that by lowering the price yes they will loose even more money but, sales will massively go up and the extra money lost will be worth it.

Sony rely on making the money back on the games and accessories, but the exclusives are being lost partly because Sony aren’t selling enough consoles for companies to want their game on that one console.

Also that’s a nice find for a HD TV, depends how much you want to spend really, I’m getting one soon and spending around £600, but I’m not looking at them yet.

Xionn said:
Ooo wait i just thought of something i would change, try finding a way to add rumble back in the controler, i know they couldn't because it messed with the 6-axis features, but would be nice if they could release a controler with the rumble feature in.

That was just an excuse to downplay the fact that right after sueing microsoft, immersion decided to sue Sony. Durning the time Sony was in legal battles over the rumble feature that Immersion claimed was their IP. Now that the legal stuff is cleared up, they will be bringing back rumble. The guy making god of war 3 said they will have it because its a must.

Thanks, yeah my friend has been researching on a HDTV to buy for couple of months and he narrowed it down to that one and this other Sony Bravia one, he ended up getting the Samsung and said its great, and says the "Game Mode" on it actually works well with his 360. I just need a PS3 now lol.

WiiGod said:
however I am not willing to spend £400 on a console that plays games.

Thats EXACTLY the point, it is worth the price when looking at the hardware in it, its one beast of a machine that thing! ...But the point is, at the end of the day this is about gaming, Sony could have made a seperate machine which can be used for all thier home entertainment use if they wanted, but it is primarily a games console that people want in this market. They should have learnt from thier success with the Playstation 2, and just made a 360 similar priced , even slightly higher would be okay.

Oh right Shiftfallout , hmm very sneaky, but wow so the rumble is DEFINATLY comming back on the Playstation 3? thats good news, it all add's to the gaming experiance.

Last edited:
Back