What would you rate Super Paper Mario???

Just got my wii about a week ago and hooked on Wii sports for now. Is this game worth buying or just rent it?? Going to buy "the Bigs" baseball game and a couple others next week. Should I just hold off for better games to come?
Thanks.

392x154_group.jpg

I havent got my wii yet but i wanna play it. I played the first 2 and i thought they were awesome. Reviews have been saying they ruined the game with the whole 3d to 2d thing but im not sure what to beleive.

1\10 I hated it, It wasnt an rpg like the original paper mario(one of my favirote games) and paper mario had 3-D Stuff? that tottaly ruined the whole point of the game the first one blew this one away

I just rented it and played till the second chapter last night. I agree Jangles, 1/10. When I jumped on the head of the first Goomba and nothing happened, it just died, I was like, "....No....Noooo!"

Last edited:
I have never played any of the paper mario games, but i love the super mario world (SNES) will I enjoy this game, also is this game easy to pick up and play for the novice gamer (Wife)? Thanks guys

Nakumine said:
I just rented it and played till the second chapter last night. I agree Jangles, 1/10. When I jumped on the head of the first Goomba and nothing happened, it just died, I was like, "....No....Noooo!"

I had the same experience I was all hyped to see how the rpg battles went I didnt read up on this game at all before I rented it and then it just dies and I was wondering if it was like this through the whole game and I guess it is If your thinking about buying this game id advise you buying the original Paper Mario for N64 are can you download it to your wii yet?

I give it a 8/10. I haven't played it much yet. Just through Chapter 2, but thus far I feel like I'm playing a higher resolution version of the previous Super Mario Bros. games. The 3D effect is really cool too. It adds to it in a way that I originally thought would make it horrible. The first paper mario didn't do much for me but this one is fantastic. I'm just trying to get used to the idea of not having any special abilities like fireballs and whatnot. If only I could beat Zelda :TP so I can put some more time into this.

The only downside I see is that it doesn't have much replay value. I don't really see myself replaying it anytime soon. Definitely a game I'll be loaning out though.

JD1269 said:
The first paper mario didn't do much for me but this one is fantastic.

DEMON! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT lol jk but the first one is awesome Im starting to get a little more into this game but meh cant compete with first

Jangles said:
DEMON! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT lol jk but the first one is awesome Im starting to get a little more into this game but meh cant compete with first

Eh. Just personal preference. Something about the first one didn't hold my attention. I just can't help that I like this one more though. Probably because it presents something unique to the game.

9/10

It's a bit too kiddish at times, but it's still an overall fun game to play.

I would give it a 6.5 the game is fun but theres alot of reading and switching the pixles is aggrevating.

It's fun to collect all the recipies and stuff after the game, but I miss the classic RPG battle mode. Still, the 3-D thing opens so many doors, and I love the slowly rising storyline with a twist. I give it an 8.00.

Back