what?

1liter

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Let me reiterize my last question

How do i get my Wii to do a full system update? I have only ever had 1-ONE initial update. The rest of the time it is telling "can not perform system update because you are already running the lateist program" How can this be if i have NEVER gotten any others?

Let me say im not talking about going into a channel such as weather and it "updating" information for the current day, or downloading the trial opera channel so i can use it...or "updating" current news (which it is still telling me i cant use that channel untill its 1-available and 2-untill i do a, "omg whats this?" a COMPLETE SYSTEM UPDATE) which is what im asking how can i get mine to do this.

I am seeing post on how everyone is doing one every few days, and how sometimes they "time out" and have to reconnect there systems in order to get it, while mine is just always giving the same message as to saying "cant do it already running lateist program" How can this be if i have only every had Just one? It cant be doing it when im not using it because i dont have "standby" option enabled, and when i try to do it i have tweaked everything and tried in each mode. I dont even get game updates every monday...just the same games since i have had it on christmas in exeption to 2-3 new ones this past week and i just got them yesterday without any kind of update...just kinda "appeard"

Some help with this would be appreciated, thanks

I think in that one update you did, it fused the two together. If you've got the Internet Channel and Whether Channel up and running fine then that means it's all good.

Wel since i bought my Wii on lauunch day in the UK. Ive had 2 updates, one as i switched it on and connected it to the internet. The next was on the 22nd when i updated the Weather channel.

The news channel WONT be working in the UK till the 27th of this month. So it will say, "cant updated as you have the latest fiemware".

Also i downloaded the Opera browser theother day but that didnt come as a system update.

As for game updates ive never been able to update games, and i dont think anyone else has (correct me if im wrong). And updating every 2-3 days thats never happend never heard of anyone doing it (again correct me if im wrong)

James

Last edited:
I think firmware update every 2-3 days is nt possible. even mcirosoft, they do not provide software update every 2 to 3 days.

read this, http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/12890-updateing-question.html?highlight=updateing

from 1rst comment down...im pretty sure it wouldent do all of them together just dont think it works like that.
i got connected on the 26th of december. there were 2 or 3 since the 4th of January...i just checked and everyone is saying how they did each sepratly. Not using trial Opera, but news works fine...

still dont know why mine is saying i have everything

also not as an update but shouldent there be 2-3 new games every week? on mondays? i have seen post stating this but yet as i said earlier i only ever got 2 or 3 new ones since what was already primarily already there, and im pretty sure it wasent even on the day they came out

Right the updates so far as i know of

Weather 20nd Dec
Opera Browser 22nd Dec
News channel 27th Jan

Thats all the updates i know of as of yet...

As for games i dony understand what you meen ?

If you meen 3 games ome out every week, no theres a few coming out in the UK thi smonth as of next month but the biggys will be ou tin March.

Hope this helpps

1Litre - how can anybody answer your question if you don't even state what firmware version your Wii is at?

For PAL regions there was an update yesterday - this update took mine from v2.0E to v2.1E.

It's quite simple - go to Wii settings, go to Internet and got to Wii System Update.

Are you for real?

The Opera browser was not from a system update. That was just a download from the store (just like a VC game).

Back