Whatever Happened To Hard Rock?

Brawl_Luigi

Banned
May 7, 2007
Today's Hip Hop Gwen Stafani crap is really nothing compared to rock. It really bugs me that music was so good and now it sucks. whatever Happened to Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue and all those bands we used to love? i know it is kind of a pointless thread but i just want see if anyone else thinks its the end of the rock era. Makes me sad. :nonod:

Guns and roses (fomaly the Axel rose band) have a new album out some time some day

http://www.planetrock.co.uk/
Listen to that station
Some names you may reconise are presenters

The rock era isnt dead there sre some good newer rock bands out

Well Moterhead, Alice Cooper and Johan (sp)Jet are tourin togeather
And theres allways this years Mosters of Rock (if theres gonna be one this year)

Led Zep. reformed and released greatest hits and as mentioned many great bands still tour and many good new ones come about.

At least rock still has a strong following and people still come out with music like it.

You never hear of Big Band and Swing anymore.
Now, that's some music <3

Cpt.McCloud said:
Led Zep. reformed and REreleased greatest hits and as mentioned many great bands still tour and many good new ones come about.

Had to correct that
Same tracks
Diffrent cover
SAME ALBUM

Also it was a one off as Plant has his own side project with Alyison Crose (?)

I heard zeppelin was touring in september:cornut: and as much as it sucks,hard rock was just a phase in music. its always changing. but there are still a few decent rock bands like wolfmother

Last edited:
Planetrock might have to go off air
This makes me sad as it is the only good rock station all the rest have djs that say alot and mean nothinin
This station has DJs that say a little and mean a lot

Zerozep480 said:
I heard zeppelin was touring in september:cornut: and as much as it sucks,hard rock was just a phase in music. its always changing. but there are still a few decent rock bands like wolfmother

They wernt tourin
It was a one off
Plant has his own side project

Hard Rock never grabbed me much. I need speedy-ass music or just something a bit lighter but I do like other forms of rock and metal that aren't hard. Speeeeeeed!!!

Hard Rock is still there, you just need to look deeper than your mainstream radio stations. I would recommend some music, but I am so picky about what I listen to, so I say browse a hard rock forum for some suggestions on new music.

Edit: http://www.pandora.com/
Try this out. Enter some of your favorite artists, and it will spit out some new/old stuff based on your preferences.

yeah! what ever happened to a great combo...

sex drugs & rock... sometimes complimented with fire and self destruction

mushroomedmario said:
well don't forget velvet revolver(not really liking their new stuff), tenacious d, and rush, they've all released albums relatively recently

And Robert Plant
Ok so its not hard rock

Back