Whats going on with Opera

Mrjonnydz

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hi

I just got a Wii for xmas. Everything setup perfectly, wireless connected first time, I got a message from nintendo telling me to download the free trail version of the internet channel. I was just wondering if anyone has had that and what there think. I also wanted to know when the proper fully working internet channel is available.

I give credit to CSIGuy for this:

1406d1167189019t-wii-news-channel-doesnt-work-aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

End of March \07 is the full opera channel, and you don´t have to use the search function, you can make a thread if you want.

the opera browser is pretty decent it has a few glitches mainly freezing up with flash content some flash games not working other then that it works good you can even instant message people using web messengers. I would go ahead and download the "Trial" of it i would think of it as more of a beta then a trial.

mines a *****! dude it freezes yeah thats normal! but sometimes it just kicks me off sites (no parental controlls!) and put me at the starting page! and when I go back to the same page it does it again! WTF! nintendo fix these problems with the full version

yeah... i was watching youtube vid's and it froze... but that's why it's 'trial' aka beta

There are some problems with it as already pointed out but all in all you should get it as its free and works mostly.

Raz

well of course it's going to be free for now... i have not seen anyone charge for beta... well... i take that back... ragnarok hah!

'Trial Version', does that mean that the 'Full Version' will NOT be freeware?

I liked watching Mario collect the coins and bump the boxes with his head while this thing was downloadinfg

wiiness said:
'Trial Version', does that mean that the 'Full Version' will NOT be freeware?

I liked watching Mario collect the coins and bump the boxes with his head while this thing was downloadinfg

no no they meant "trial version" to be "beta" i'm guessing, they didn't want to use words that could translate to something nasty if u get my drift

Arcadium said:
End of March \07 is the full opera channel, and you don´t have to use the search function, you can make a thread if you want.

You've been here since Janurary, and you should know that there are multiple threads on this discussion.

mine hasnt froze, but what i do notice is that pop up windows mess it up a lil, like i cant get to the page i want to get to if there is a pop up before it, hopefully theyll fix that by the final version

I haven't had any problems, I haven't run any flash things though but I have used youtube on it a lot.

Arcadium said:
and you don´t have to use the search function, you can make a thread if you want.
He's right, you can make a thread, but we're all going to yell at you.

Back