Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by trevorsantos, Jun 15, 2007.
i just want to ask what u guys/girls think about wii, whats good or bad about it?
well asking that question on a wii forum you'll get some pretty biased opinions....so here' s mine
what's good:controls-people are getting bored with same games, same controls jsut better graphics, wii revolutionalizes that
what's bad: some developers think that since it's wii and from nintendo and it's not very powered high that they can make games with not so good graphics *cough mario party 8 cough* even though i know it is developed by nintendo itself, i smell a conspiracy
WELLLLLLL...Where do I start.
Good things-Very fun to play. The motion controls have brought my girlfriend in the living room, playing right along side me. It's small and neat. You get separate controllers that both do their own thing, browse the internet in style, download classic games, view photos from an sd card, neat little channels...like weather, and news, wireless controllers,
All in all I love my Wii, it is everything I expected. It's a slick little console and easy to manage. It has plenty of great games coming in the future, virtually anyone can pick up the Wii-mote and have fun. Ohh, it can play Gamecube games aswell.
Bad things-I was a little mad about the line up of games the Wii started out with and has at this moment. I honestly thought it would have better graphics. Technically, it is twice as powerful as Gamecube, but I have yet to see it, graphical wise. I wanted the controllers to have a rechargable lithium battery, so I don't have to keep buying packs. GET THE CHARGING STATION. Some of the games should not be priced so high, it cannot play dvds, but soon in the future Nintendo should make some that can...it has not been verified if the US will get it. I would like to see some strong and long RPGs like Morrowind or Oblivion on it.
Most of all I love the new types of gameplay the whole "wireless, point and movement"-wonderstick opens up! Who had ever though that playing Tennis like that could be that much of a blast?
1. It's cheap compared to the others.
2. Games are cheaper.
3. Wiimote has some awesome possibilities.
4. A new genre of games COULD open up (if the blasted developers could think of anything)
5. Free online...Even though it might not be the greatest.
6. Small and fits almost anywhere.
7. VC Channel.
8. Good for parties where everyone doesn't have to be the omega-hardcore FPS gamer.
9. It's Nintendo.
AND THE BAD:
1. Current selection of games are best shown when with groups of friends. Individual play is limited (Most single-player games can't hold your attention long after you beat it). BUT THEY'RE COMING.
2. Online system might not be quite top notch... But it's free~
3. Nintendo likes to keep secrets about it's best stuff ]:
4. It needs more single player games with replayability after you beat it.
5. Lots of waiting for good things.
6. Graphical capabilities aren't being met. Developers are lazy!
7. Developers make a quick "Cash-in" on the wii. They'll develop half-done games that stink, and people still buy it because it's the wii version. Which only means they'll make more cruddy games!
8. The good games take time. Blast you waiting!
9. Very few current games have nice looking graphics. As in, the graphics blend well together.
Well, that's all I could think of. Half of it deals with the less-than-stellar selection of games right now.
If you want a wii, I'd hold off on getting one. You could put 300 bucks in the bank and make a little money off of interest while you wait for the good games to come out.
Wii Pro's and Con's
I don't mind the fact that there's a lack of games at the moment because I can see that they're on their way but my main gripe is the fact that the nunchuk connects to the wiimote with a bloody wire!! Punching someone in the face on boxing can cause a wire to whip ME in the face while playing. Now that isn't good.
Other than that there really aren't too many negatives.
I said this in another topic. But I HATE that you can't turn it off or reset with the remote when it is in gamecube mode. Just a VERY stupid thing for them to think it is no big deal.
The controls are brilliant and it shows the potential of the console.
IMO the line up of games needs to grow/improve. But thats changing all the time, especially with games like RE4, RE: UC, Scarface, Final Fantasy and Mario coming out.
I agree with all who mentioned the Wii having great controls and capabilities of the wiimote.
I also agree with all who said the Wii needs more games and more variety of games.
I love my wii because its small:aureola: and cute.If only it was Pink:crazy: