Whats that yellow dot?

Flamefury8

My Wii: January 16th 2007
Nov 21, 2007
NJ
Wii Online Code
0848-7705-1108-1338
When I turn off my Wii there is a yellow dot next to the power button. What is that?

It means that your wii is hooked onto the internet and that people can send you messages well it's off. (The wii will turn blue when there is a message)

if u want to fully turn it off, hold the power button on your console for about 4-5 seconds and the dot will turn red. if you just press the power button it will turn yellow(if you have wii24 on) allowing you to receive messages from Nintendo and your buddies which will make a blue glow around your disc insert place.

nic7 said:
It means that your wii is hooked onto the internet and that people can send you messages well it's off. (The wii will turn blue when there is a message)
It's just a Standby light, it doesn't specifically mean you're hooked up to the internet, you may still receive messages and updates but it's still classed as "Standby".

261311 said:
It's just a Standby light, it doesn't specifically mean you're hooked up to the internet, you may still receive messages and updates but it's still classed as "Standby".

...No actually its not standby lol. Its Wiiconnect24 mode. theres a big difference.

That's what the manual said, blame the manual. It goes into a state of Standby where WiiC24 activates.

Back