Whats The Deal with Red Steel?!

i found this game alot of fun and would rate it somewhere above average, they've caught onto something good with red steel, there is a good formula for a FPS here but they didnt take enough time working with it and kinda ended up with a nice mixture instead.
i wouldnt say the controls are glitchy in any way really.. it just takes abit of getting used to and perhaps they could have spent abit more time on that part of the game. its nice graphical style and its kinda uniquely immersive'ish gameplay are keeping it in my top 5 wii games. worth a rent at least! ;)

I bought the game along with my wii. I still havent beaten the single player because to busy with other games but I find the multiplayer amazing to play with others. I dont think its that great of a game like story line/graphic or whatever but I think the main point of the game was to introduce the wii versatility for future shooter games like Metroid which I cannot wait for at all!

i saw a video in youtube of a nintendo guy playing the game... it looks dam cool.

there has NEVER been any game like this where you duck to duck in the game, point your contoller to aim/shoot, do the throwing motion to throw grenades etc... so i dont see how anybody can call it crap.

Gee would i rather press 'triangle' to throw a granade and push 'down arrrow' to duck? OR do the actual movements myself and it does what i do... hrmmmmmm i wonder....

The_Loose_Cannon said:
read my spoiler in my sig LMAO

deff the best thing ive ever heard :cornut:
Haha, how the hell did he get that many posts? a user with that much intelligence shouldnt really get much....

....ummm, no offense.:idea:

not funny

lol, u can talk "what's a battered sausage.":devil:

Rent it.

Play singleplayer AND mulitplayer.

If you don't like it, all you've lost is 5 bucks.

But hey, if you like it, you probably can go on eBay and pick one up cheap cheap! (As in probably under $40)

Red Steel is one of my "on the fence" for me. It seems cool, but the reviews are bad. I'll probably end up renting it and then deciding.

I dont know but i wanted to try it, but when i was about to rent it at blockbuster the guy said hey this game is awful so dont rent it, he really covinced me not to. but idk because there out to make money so if it was really that bad for him to turn down money, then it may be.

i rented this game and found that the grenade throwing was basically impossible. I always ended up switching weapons instead of bringing up a grenade. There was this one part i got to which just didn't work. I was learning a special move it work i guess. That was my last rental day so overall it was ok.

There are two control problems--one is that turning is too slow (ie, the bounding box that takes your left/right movement and interprets it as a turning imperative is too large). In campaign mode, this rarely matters. It usually only becomes frustrating in multiplayer mode--if you can get behind someone (and you're competent with a gun), you can kill them long before they can turn around to fight back. Even if they're smart enough to dodge, duck and jump while trying to face you, it just takes too long.

The other control problem is an actual glitch. On occasion, for no reason, the pointing recticule jumps away from where you're aiming, and then immediately jumps back. Read: your hand/wrist is completely still. More than half the time it happens, it makes no difference. However, if you're trying to snipe, and it decides to give you grief, it can be frustrating. (Having never experienced this jumpiness before in any other games or in the Wii menu, it isn't a system problem, it's a RS problem, IGN agrees). IGN talks about both of these, but they give it too much weight. They slam the game with a terrible rating based almost solely on the controls. They're wrong.

Even with those issues, it's a ton of fun to play. I rented it for five days, played through a half a dozen campaigns, and have been trolling ebay for a deal ever since. It's one of the few multi-player shooter options you have--and although tighter turning controls would be better, you eventually adapt and learn not to get caught from behind. It's a crimp, but it didn't stop me and my buddies from having a blast.

But more than that, it proves the Wii's potential with hard core gaming. It is SO much more fun to play a shooter with Wii controls than that mess around with dual analog sticks. The sword fighting is fun, and a nice distraction from the shooting, the story doesn't suck, the controls are slowly intro'd to give you time to learn them all well, and the game looks good. The title was tailored to the Wii (not ported as an afterthought), and hopefully, will feature tighter controls in 2008 with Red Steel 2 (also said to have online multiplayer).

I don't know if it will be the best shooter franchise on the Wii, but it's got potential. And what's the competition? (MP3C is adventure with shooter elements). A sci-fi shooter could offer weapons of a greater variety, however one feature Red Steel shows it's environ's potential is the Focus/Time stopping move.

David328ci said:
Any FPS game made by Ubisoft is garbage.

Well reasoned and elegantly elucidated. Let me guess... Harvard?

Back