What's the difference between...?

Let_It_Burn

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
Wii Online Code
4265-9989-6310-1490
The Japanese and the American version of the PS3???

cause I've seen the jap version cheaper than the US one on ebay... so I was wondering what was wrong with them? should I get one or not? is it really worth paying the full price of buy a japanese ps3?

both play PS3 games, no matter the country.
But not PS2 games. The NA version plays NA ps2 games where as the japanaese plays only japanese PS2 games.

Then you just have to make sure the firmware is english so you can opperate it.

Shiftfallout said:
But not PS2 games. The NA version plays NA ps2 games where as the japanaese plays only japanese PS2 games.

does it not have a language option two it like the wii ?

Shiftfallout said:

damn, this doesnt sounds good... I guess I'll be buying one at future shop or somewhere else!

con77 said:
does it not have a language option two it like the wii ?

good luck finding it if the settings are Japanese as default!

Please don't post in threads with comments like that.

It's just pointless.

It's the guys decision to buy one and he's just asking for help. If you're not going to help then don't bother posting.

surfinrach90 said:
Please don't post in threads with comments like that.

It's just pointless.

It's the guys decision to buy one and he's just asking for help. If you're not going to help then don't bother posting.

word... I got my reason if I want to buy it!

Let_It_Burn said:
The Japanese and the American version of the PS3???

cause I've seen the jap version cheaper than the US one on ebay... so I was wondering what was wrong with them? should I get one or not? is it really worth paying the full price of buy a japanese ps3?

they lowered the price because people were refusing to buy them in Japan

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
they lowered the price because people were refusing to buy them in Japan

sigh, here you go again. Where do you get this stuff? Personal Bias? the tooth fairy? or perhaps you assume you know what your talking about without actually knowing?

I think you like to pretend you know what your talking about, without actually researching to know the facts, and lets not forget the obvious bias you have.. jeff.

Ok, pay attention so you wont assume the same thing again.

The lower price is both a direct and indirect result of a few things.
1. The 20 GB version price was originally cut, not the 60gb.
2. Japanese games will cost more. Thats right, they will pay upwards of $70-80 USD or 7000-8000 yen.
3. More japanese developers are releasing games in Japan in comparision to the rest of the world.
4. Retailers were complaining because no one was interested in the 20gb version. Only the 60gb.
5. Japan is both nintendos and sonys guinea pig. They try out stuff there first. Its also the battleground between the rivals.

Its not because no one is buying the PS3. On amazon japan alone the PS3 60gig and Wii are selling equally, with the PS3 rising. Their gundam game alone made it to the top selling games in japan. The DS had the other top selling games. Not so much the wii. Its a fierce battle over there. Sony and Nintendo dont really like eachother because of the snes cd betrayal.

Anyways, now that you know, perhaps you might drop that bias for once.

Shiftfallout said:
sigh, here you go again. Where do you get this stuff? Personal Bias? the tooth fairy? or perhaps you assume you know what your talking about without actually knowing?

I think you like to pretend you know what your talking about, without actually researching to know the facts, and lets not forget the obvious bias you have.. jeff.

Ok, pay attention so you wont assume the same thing again.

The lower price is both a direct and indirect result of a few things.
1. The 20 GB version price was originally cut, not the 60gb.
2. Japanese games will cost more. Thats right, they will pay upwards of $70-80 USD or 7000-8000 yen.
3. More japanese developers are releasing games in Japan in comparision to the rest of the world.
4. Retailers were complaining because no one was interested in the 20gb version. Only the 60gb.
5. Japan is both nintendos and sonys guinea pig. They try out stuff there first. Its also the battleground between the rivals.

Its not because no one is buying the PS3. On amazon japan alone the PS3 60gig and Wii are selling equally, with the PS3 rising. Their gundam game alone made it to the top selling games in japan. The DS had the other top selling games. Not so much the wii. Its a fierce battle over there. Sony and Nintendo dont really like eachother because of the snes cd betrayal.

Anyways, now that you know, perhaps you might drop that bias for once.

Perhaps you may stop lurking the Ps3 foum

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/japanese-stores-slashing-20gb-prices-230297.php

theyre cutting down even more, and it was not a bias statement

youre a creep, looking at my profile and calling me by my name,

The PS3 in Japan is cheaper. However, since the Wii is raping the PS3 in terms of sales over there, that actually didn't help much. Seriously, there's about a 3:1 Wii to PS3 ratio

RedProdigy said:
The PS3 in Japan is cheaper. However, since the Wii is raping the PS3 in terms of sales over there, that actually didn't help much. Seriously, there's about a 3:1 Wii to PS3 ratio

given the price difference, thats expected.Though im not sure where you got your numbers from.

TACOJEFF
they announced the price cuts in 2006.

Last edited:
Back