Whats the highest Wii Points card?

The Plague

Village Idiot
Apr 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
1182-9984-2366-3934
Before you read...Sorry if this thread has been made. Sorry if its in the wrong board....I used search, but it didnt come up for me..

Anyway, i was at my local Gamestop, and the Wii section had a Wii Points Card (2000) so I purchased it...So, is that the highest it goes? I was hoping maybe a 4000 point card, that way you don't have to buy two seperate cards. It saves money in a way, since instead of using two 2000 cards, you can use one card, and with 4000 points in it already.

Actually the highest card sold would be the limit on your credit card. Sooo...... Would be like 10000000 points :lol:

Brawny said:
Actually the highest card sold would be the limit on your credit card. Sooo...... Would be like 10000000 points :lol:

Nope. Nintendo has limited the amount of points you can carry at any one time. =P
So it's 10,000 points.
Actually, I've only ever seen a 2000 point card.
Yes, it's confirmed. Although Japan lucks out. v.v;
Wikipedia said:
Prepaid cards in Japan will be made available in multiples of 1,000, 3,000 and 5,000 points, with the 5,000 point card coming bundled with a classic controller[9]. In all other regions, there will only be 2,000 point cards, at least initially.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Points#Pricing

Last edited:
LuzTeTT said:
Nope. Nintendo has limited the amount of points you can carry at any one time. =P
So it's 10,000 points.

You see, I actually purchased my first Wii Points Card today.. And in the car ride home, I read the back of it...It said you can carry as much points as you want...So..Was this rule put in effect recently? Or is it even still in effect?

The Plague said:
You see, I actually purchased my first Wii Points Card today.. And in the car ride home, I read the back of it...It said you can carry as much points as you want...So..Was this rule put in effect recently? Or is it even still in effect?

Nintendo said:
A maximum number of unused Points can be stored on one Wii console.
Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/channelsShop.jsp

Straight from the big N. It might not be 10,000 points but I do remember reading it somewhere... have you tried looking in the Wii Shop Channel? It'd be in there somewhere.

The highest Wii points card that I have seen in the stores are 2000. But it really doesn't bother me because I purchase my Wii points online using my credit card. The online purchase has an option to choose between 1000, 3000 and 5000 points.

I really hope we get the 5000 points with the classic controller in the UK as it would be helpfull and hopefully save money.

2000 is the highest for US and I believe UK although I am not seeing many

hey LuzTtet, just in general, never trust wikipedia for game news, remember, any one can edit it so ppl make up random crapolla and post it there all the time, but in america, the cards come in 2000, but with a credit or debit card you can buy 1000,2000,3000,4000, & 5000, you can hold a max of 10,000 though

Back