whats up with release dates?

fakemxcan

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
so today i went to go get super paper mario, as it says on the official nintendo site that it would be out today!!! and no one has it? but gamestop will have it tomorrow, same thing happened with wario ware, whats up with this nonsense?

Surely you can wait one more days when other parts of the world will have to wait months.
I do get you though, if Nintendo says something is available on a certain day, it should be, i guess they just have problems shipping everywhere? Who knows...

ya i live in the us, and some places get them that day others dont. Its not that i have to wait one day its that...

1)i had to pre order to get it tomorrow, i was the next to last spot available
2)most places didnt know when they were gonna get it
3)if there is a release date for a game they should have it then

but im very exited about this game!!

The release date usually means that that's the day when they ship them out to retailers...Although they sometimes they do ship a game eariler than the release date so that's why a certain game is sometimes available on the release date.

wiiisawesome said:
The release date usually means that that's the day when they ship them out to retailers...Although they sometimes they do ship a game eariler than the release date so that's why a certain game is sometimes available on the release date.

oh ok, that makes a lot of sense, i wish they would jsut ship them sooner, oh well, thanks ill know now for the future

Yeah by release they mean to ship, and then most retailers get it the next day.

Thought I was the only one. :) I was a bit confused when I went to walmart then target seeing nothing on the shelves. Then stopping by Gamestop being told it comes out tommorow.

Was a bit puzzled myself, but I suppose one more day won't kill me. :)

its very simple:
the day that it says on the website is the day it is shipped. they are shipped from the east coast, so if you live out there, chances are you'll get it that day. west coast/mountain time usually gets it the next day.

Not every store gets their shipments in time to release games on Tuesdays. At the store I work at we have had games set to release (and did) on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Back