what's up with wii haters?

Mario Bro

Banned
Jan 22, 2007
almost everyday (not anymore since I'm done my semester) I'd go to computer class and make conversation with my friend about Twilight Princess. He has the game on Gamecube, and I have it on Wii. When I mention some of the controls in the Wii version, he just won't stop bickering about how stupid and lousy the controls are. I always reply "Hey, Twilight Princess was originally for Gamecube, but they gave it some enhancements to make it suitable for the wii, they don't have to be perfect!" Then my friend gets into Wii Sports; he starts saying how horrible each of the games are, saying that "Tennis sucks", "Bowling isn't done properly", or "I hate Baseball", and then it really ticks me off. Then he starts saying how movements should be 1:1 in all of the games. I can't agree with him more when it comes to Red Steel sword-fighting, but that's still not the point. The Wii is just a game system that's allowing us to get "just a step closer" to being in the games, not "a huge step" but a good step that makes us happy. Sure it's his opinion, but he shouldn't be expressing it in such a way considering he doesn't even have the wii, all he says is "I just need my computer". What do you think?

Get him to play it at your house and see if he changes his mind.

My friends brother was always saying he didn't think the controls would work and be all sceptical (sony fan), since my friend(his brother) got a Wii and he played it, I haven't seen him complain once :D

its tru, these haters also get on my nerves, jus make sure they known hat the wii is winning the console war lol.

i have been reading online that ppl regret buying there wiis and its boring and they dont want it anymore. today i asked some1 if they got any new games for the wii. he said all he has is wii sports and its stupid and he shouldnt have bought the wii. It seems to me, so many ppl have decided it isnt good enough. I think it is and will be better with online play...( nintendo will have good online play)

im not a true nintendo fan iand yes i am having a little regrets i would rite now prefer the xbox 360 for its online play especially halo 2 but im sure wen the online comes for the wii it will be good and i wont have no more regrets

i am waiting for mario strikers charged ssbb and other games i might see to get.. But i am being patient. When i first got my wii, i played it a lot. Recently not as much, why, i dont know. i have work, midterms just finished so i will have more time, but i have SATS to work on, so i am busy. But i dont forget about my wii and still enjoy it and dont regret buying it at all. or have any doubts.

i will admit, its not as exciting as it was then i first got my wii. It was experiencing the controls. but its still fun.and enjoyable

don't feel bad man, I've been playing on my other sytems, but that's okay, every system needs a little attention, right?

well the wii is pretty boring probably due to the lack of games. but when online gaming comes around it will get better and when ssbb comes out too haha. i did regret getting a wii before because most games are pretty boring and i wanted to get a 360 to play vegas online. but the new vc release just made me a little less bored lol. can't wait until mario party 8, ssbb, galaxy, and metroid comes out. don't be mad cause people are hating though. they're right, but you should just give nintendo a little time

i dont get it either. i mean they truly made a "revolution" with this console, they really did. no the graphics arent all that. but over 75% of homes DO NOT HAVE HD TV's. and hd just adds more price. they were smart sacrificing graphics for game play and price. but we all have our tastes. some people prefer to sit there with the same grip on the controller that weve had for 8 years now. i say screw that. the wii takes a lot more coordination because youre using more than your thumbs. and this is coming from myself whos had thousands of hours on the ps2 online alone(socom2 and 3). im tired of playing games like that. if i want graphics ill play on my computer, it crushes the ps3 and 360 on graphics and that will always be the case.

^there's a reason why they call it VIDEO games. sure graphics dont matter. but it adds to the thrill and reality. you guys talk about how wii gets you into the game. so do graphics. you don't need hdtv to have nice graphichs

mariokart 64 is coming out next week! i cant wait for that.. nintendo will get all great games out... ppl arent giving them enough time...

anyone who hates the wii should be brought out into the middle of the street and shot! :yikes:

;)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
anyone who hates the wii should be brought out into the middle of the street and shot! :yikes:

;)
i second that....ill third that too!!! ill bring the gun and ammo if someone brings the street. wii could also throw wiimotes at them. so instead of getting stoned, theyd get wii'd!!!

Back