Whats with Nintendo?

IwantWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
how come they are having such a hard time producing Wii's for us americans?
Its been over a year and its still impossible to go to your local best buy/ game stop and just but one...
I know its probably a stupid question but no one i have talked to knows why Nintendo cant make them fast enough.
:mad2:

I think they are trying their best to get wii's out. They were caught surprised by the popularity and are working on fixing the problem. Hopefully wiis will be readily available by mid 2008.

I don't want to be rude, but if you take a look at this forum (or pretty much anywhere else on the internet) the Wii's are on shortage everywhere. They are producing and selling roughly 1.2 million Wii's per week. This is the limit that Nintendo currently has on production quantities and if the demand for the Wii actually slowed down across the globe you would find it easier to get a Wii, but until then you will have a hard time finding a Wii anywhere.

Take a look at this website for the Wii hardware sales http://www.vgchartz.com/

what do you mean "for us americans".. theres trouble all over the world you cant buy them anywhere... and they are making the pretty fast i mean they seem to be selling enough

Production is at 1.8 million wiis a month. The demand is just that high! Nintendo is doing it's best to fill this unprecedented demand. The problem is not only for "us Americans" but globally as well.

largedarry said:
I don't want to be rude, but if you take a look at this forum (or pretty much anywhere else on the internet) the Wii's are on shortage everywhere. They are producing and selling roughly 1.2 million Wii's per week. This is the limit that Nintendo currently has on production quantities and if the demand for the Wii actually slowed down across the globe you would find it easier to get a Wii, but until then you will have a hard time finding a Wii anywhere.

Take a look at this website for the Wii hardware sales http://www.vgchartz.com/
There is no way Nintendo is selling 1.2 million Wiis each week. It's just impossible. The Wii has sold around 13 million consoles since it's release in November 2006. Do the math, there is no way your number makes sense.

EDIT: If you read the post above this, you will see that Nintendo is producing 1.8 million Wii's each month. That means about 450,000 Wiis each week.

Last edited:
It's actually over 18 million. But, either way, 1.2 a week X roughly 57 weeks X the inability to find one would equal over 68 million sold. And that's obviously off.

All I know is that Toys R Us is the best place to get them. Mine just got a shipment of 45 in, so I got there around noon they still had a good 30 left.

Nintendo is producing what they can, but demand is still very high as some may be able to tell.

Production should even out by April of next year, where Nintendo has plans of dishing out 3-4 million consoles rather than 1.8.

There is no conspiracy behind this, Nintendo doesn't have some crazy plan like some out there like to believe :lol:

Personally I think target is best for buying at a store,, otherwise wait for a large shipment and people who buy them and sell them on Ebay sell them like 50-100 less because of the large shipment better supply, also the saying the US isn't getting enough is a lie, I heard 1/3 of all Wii's made are shipped to the US, anymore wouldn't be fair to, well everyone else.

I reckon the shortage may have also come from Nintendo producing Black Wii's and Black controllers atm and has to share production of them with White Wii's, so it means that theyre limited to the amount of Wii's they can make atm. Its only a theory though, dont quote me on it.

There's nothing 'wrong' with them. Blame the easily manipulated people that think the wii is a good health investment.

And for all you saying its 'impossible' to buy one, somebody is, so try harder.

we (canada) also has a shortage and people buys and sell them at e-bay and it in high demand because of the holidays so nintendo r having a hard time

Back