Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
I have seen a couple of threads complaining about the surge of "newbs" on the forum. Why do people look at the post count and if greater than 500 they are vets and you can talk to them. The wii came out at the same time for everyone (you know what I mean). What makes people with less posts not as knowledgeable about the wii?

Some people believe the more posts they have the better they are. Basically it's like high school. The more posts you have the bigger the chance of being popular/well known. Wheras the person with the less amount of posts is referred to as a noob or just an outcast.

That is not correct.
People who have been here longer, tend to be more knowledgable on the subject.
Consider that all the "Introduction" posts. Most consist of them saying that they just got the Wii recently, and that they have a question about friend codes, and such.

However, there are people who do look at post count, and judge on that, but I assure you, the forum is slowly getting more tolerant (due to some of the new moderating), and this forum will be one big happy family in no time.
*Hopefully*

Brawny said:
I have seen a couple of threads complaining about the surge of "newbs" on the forum. Why do people look at the post count and if greater than 500 they are vets and you can talk to them. The wii came out at the same time for everyone (you know what I mean). What makes people with less posts not as knowledgeable about the wii?

Because your too stupid to use the search feature!!

aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

wow...csiguy, I actually kinda liked your arguments in some of the other threads. I did search too. Did YOU search for it?

Major Tom said:
How many posts is considered a noob? I think I posted alot.

By asking a question like that you are a n00b. It's not post count, it's intelligence and post quality. Where as post whores such as Rabbid Toaster and many others are spamwhores and the term you prefer to use: n00b.

"Cough"
For me its only the ones that post the wrong things in the wrong forum
and not using the search

Kamikaze said:
By asking a question like that you are a n00b. It's not post count, it's intelligence and post quality. Where as post whores such as Rabbid Toaster and many others are spamwhores and the term you prefer to use: n00b.

Obviously you are a n00b from the "intelligence" and "post quality" of that post! :ciappa:

Seriously, why do you care what others think of you on here? Its the Internet, not High School, you don't have to face these people daily in real life. I couldn't give two shits whether or not everyone here *likes* me and wants to be my *friend* If I see a topic that I want to respond in, I do...and I don't care if someone considers me a n00b or not. Just be you and post, and as long as your not a Dick to everyone then whats it really matter what people think of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back