Quote:
Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
knee?

What caliber?

one with backup, like mine.
leg.jpg

frontleg.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd have to say the Heckler & Koch G36. Beautiful design, using the 5.56 NATO round, aka .223, I believe there are 3 different barrel lengths available with the option of an AG36 grenade launcher. 3 settings "S" safety, "E" semi-auto, and "F" fully automatic.

As for long range I would have to say my favorite would have to be CheyTac's M200 Sniper Rifle, uses a specially designed .408 round that stays supersonic out to 2200 yards. Effective at 2530 yards. Definitely my kind of rifle.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2zC9r7IMuA[/MEDIA]

Here's the real question of this thread.

How many of you have actually held/fired/used a firearm?

Blue, I've read a lot and seen that same show on TV. THAT is a beautiful sniper rifle. Although, it seems a tad too technical for my taste.

I've been shooting firearms since I was 5 or 6 and hunting since I was 8, I am now 20 going on 21 here in a few months, so you do the math. I personally own two shotguns, 12 ga. semi-auto, 20 ga. pump, and two rifles, Ruger 10/22, and a Ruger .270, and next on my list is to purchase a handgun when I turn 21.

As for the video, as stated it is a sniper system, use of a wind gauge and the little hand held computer to help at those distances. I mean you're firing a projectile almost a mile and a half, there is so much you have to take into account, it is quite ridiculous.

Exactly my point, learning the sniping system and mastering how to take everything into account is extremely hard. Not something I'd want to learn but it is still interesting.

I've been firing rifles and handguns for about a year now. As you can see, I already know a lot about weapons (Still have a lot to learn though). My mom does not like weapons such as a shotgun or handgun at all. She goes insane and thinks my dad has corrupted my thoughts.

Every month or so, my dad takes me to the range and I fire anything and everything I can within my dad's budget.

When I turn of age, I am definitely buying a handgun. Learing about weapons and using them has always been a hobby of mine

I'll be back later. Lmao, going to play Brawl with my friend.

Samus101 said:
I've held a REAL M4, M249, M240B, and a sniper rifle (can't remember which one it was).
Yes, but have you fired any of them?

ARav989 said:
Exactly my point, learning the sniping system and mastering how to take everything into account is extremely hard. Not something I'd want to learn but it is still interesting.

I've been firing rifles and handguns for about a year now. As you can see, I already know a lot about weapons (Still have a lot to learn though). My mom does not like weapons such as a shotgun or handgun at all. She goes insane and thinks my dad has corrupted my thoughts.

Every month or so, my dad takes me to the range and I fire anything and everything I can within my dad's budget.

When I turn of age, I am definitely buying a handgun. Learing about weapons and using them has always been a hobby of mine

I'll be back later. Lmao, going to play Brawl with my friend.
If I were to do anything in the military it would be to be a sniper, so it interests me greatly.

I've taken marksmanship classes, and I've put enough rounds down range to know what I'm doing.

I don't go to the range often, but when I do, I only use handguns that I would consider purchasing, too bad they don't have any deagles to rent where I go, because I would definitely be interested in one of those. Specifically the Desert Eagle Mark XIX chambered in the .50 Action Express, but I would settle for the .44 Magnum considering ammo would be cheaper.

Last edited:
Ninja Stars!

ARav989 said:
Ah...The Steyr AUG and the M14.

I really think that Bullpup design on that rifle is a great idea. Some people don't really like it because all of the weight is in the stock, unlike more accurate rifles where the inside mechanics are centered in the middle. Overall, I think it's a great weapon. It was rated number 7 on a list of the world's greatest rifles. That's a great accomplishment!

The M14, a beautiful firearm..I really need to do more research on that weapon though. I know very little about it except for it's design and reloading system...
i just watched a thing on the history channel about the M16 and it gave some insight on the m14, ill try to fill you in a bit.
it was designed as a more modern, better, version of the M1 garand. the army wanted it to be the next standard issued weapon. the problem with it mainly was the recoil on it, it was suppose to be fired in full auto but only highly skilled marksman could handle it on full auto so it was used for single shot by regular soldiers. then the army was studying field combat and they realized the average soldier fires at an enemy when theyre so far away (300 yards or something? idK) and that meant the m14 was total overkill in range. the m16 was first rejected but through out all this happening it started to look more and more attractive to the army. hope i helped a little on its history.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
Ninja Stars!

i just watched a thing on the history channel about the M16 and it gave some insight on the m14, ill try to fill you in a bit.
it was designed as a more modern, better, version of the M1 garand. the army wanted it to be the next standard issued weapon. the problem with it mainly was the recoil on it, it was suppose to be fired in full auto but only highly skilled marksman could handle it on full auto so it was used for single shot by regular soldiers. then the army was studying field combat and they realized the average soldier fires at an enemy when theyre so far away (300 yards or something? idK) and that meant the m14 was total overkill in range. the m16 was first rejected but through out all this happening it started to look more and more attractive to the army. hope i helped a little on its history.
Speaking of M1 Garands, my buddies dad has one and I've fired it, quite fun, and to be honest not very accurate, I was disappointed in its performance. Hence the reason to move to the M14, which is a nice rifle, just not really my style.

Back