What's your pokemon team?

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Yep, the infamous "What's your tea," thread has been reborn! :D A shame Bowserizer's original thread didn't survive the apocalypse... ah well. Onto business.

This thread is all about posting your own teams for any and all Pokemon games, as well as rating others' teams. Give comments, ask for advice or give it, all that stuff. But first thing's first - you need to post your team! Also, don't forget to tell if you have multiple teams, i.e. one for ubers, OU, UU, doubles, etc. if you ever post multiple teams. Simple, right? Anyways, let's get posting! :D

Last edited:
Well, my Diamond team is:

Empoleon - Lvl 75
Luxray - Lvl 75
Staraptor - Lvl 75
Lucario - Lvl 75
Garchomp - Lvl 75
Giratina - Lvl 75

And my PMD2 team is:

(me) Mudkip - Lvl 10
(Jazz) Torchic - Lvl 10

I just restarted.

Restarted your PMD2? Should of gave me your powerful guys so I could give them back to you afterwards. :lol: Ah well.

That's a pretty good team, you've got a huge stock of resistances. You do have two major problems though - three ground weaknesses and three ice weaknesses(and one is a 4x on Garchomp!). In game, that's a great and powerful team, but when facing another player that might be problematic. It's still good either way though.. Although I do wonder, if you didn't have Giratina on your team/weren't allowed to use legends, what'd you use exactly?

Ah, Gengar? Wise choice, it's levitate ability can really help stop that triple ground weakness from killing you. Gets rid of that triple ice weakness too. A lot of your team resists Dark/Ghost/Psychic too.. I think Gengar is actually better than Giratina on that team, atleast on an offensive perspective - Giratina is the ultimate Ghost or Dragon type that can defend, while Gengar is probably the best Ghost type at para-offense/support.

Lol, read this quote Jon.

Also, incase someone hasn't bought Diamond/Pearl yet(you should wait for Platinum), I'll gladly let anyone talk about their previous generation-game's team. So feel free to post whatever team on whatever game! :D

In other words, post away! :D

ha ha sorry i was just soo saddened that i couldn't post i was getting historical :/

my team

1.charizard
2.Tyranatar
3.dragonite
4.blastoise
5.aggron
6.slamernce

*copied from the club.sorry for the spelling so forgive me once more ha ha.

ha ha sorry i was just soo saddened that i couldn't post i was getting historical :/

my team

1.charizard
2.Tyranitar
3.dragonite
4.blastoise
5.aggron
6.salamence

*copied from the club.sorry for the spelling so forgive me once more ha ha.

Fixed the spelling! :thumbsup:

Alright, I'll start with typing. ..To be honest, this team is pretty bad in terms of weaknesses. You've got a triple rock weakness, one of which is 4x(Charizard), and you've only got one resist to it(Aggron), not a good start. Next, you have two Ice and Fighting weaknesses each, all of which are 4x. You have two Ice resists in Blastoise and Aggron. Fighting is covered with 3 resists in Dragonite, Salamence, and Charizard, however.

Unfortunatly, since all 3 of them have a 4x weakness, they're easily dispatched of(especially Charizard). This means your team can fall apart relatively quickly, so you need to play very catiously.

You also have a 3x water weakness on Charizard, Aggron, and Tyranitar. Aggron is easily dispatched by bulky water types, especially swampert who can hit it with Special water moves, AND a 4x effective Earthquake. With Aggron gone, you lose a lot of resists. And with 2 4x weaknesses, Aggron doesn't stick around long. That's a big weakness right there.

While you have 3 resists to water on the rest of your team, whenever you have 3 2x weakness or two 4x weaknesses of the same type, no matter how many resists you have, it's not good enough. Sorry to say, but your team is very prone to being pummeled with weakness-based attacks, which can disassemble it very quickly.

On an offensive perspective, your pokes should be able to fan a wide variety of offensive moves. Many of your pokes can set up sweeps as well - unfortunatly, the ones best at this(Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence)have 4x weaknesses. I assume you rely on brute offense rather than setting up a sweep?

Another note: you lack a lot of power in special attacks, your strongest special attacker is Salamence with 350 Sp. atk, which isn't very strong considering what others can achieve. I don't think your Salamence is all Special attacks either, which leaves you weak to something like Skarm Bliss(skarm soaks up nearly your entire team, while the rest of your team is easily walled by any special walls).

One final area, speed. Your pokes are all relatively slow, the fastest being either Charizard or Salamence(they have equal speed base stats), both of which aren't very fast and have 4x weaknesses.

Not to be rude, but my Special Salamence could sweep your entire team with just Dragon Pulse and Choice Specs, and I doubt you'd move first any of the time since mine is quite fast. Aggron might resist Dragon, but his terrible Sp. def lets him get 2HKO'd, most likely.

On pen and paper, your team isn't very good, sorry. Once you get Platinum, I highly recommend getting some faster pokes, and stronger special attackers. And one final note: remember, this is just a personal opinion. Don't take it too seriously! :thumbsup:

Well, here's my team in FireRed:

Blastoise - 63
Pidgeot - 61
Articuno - 60
Primeape - 62
Mewtwo - 70

Despite the triple-electric weaknesses, they still held out pretty well.

Hey, that's actually a pretty good team concept Dal. While it does have the 3x electric weakness and no resists, not many pokes are both very strong and have good electric STAB, none of which are not legendary. You also don't double up on ANY other weakness, which is practically unheard of these days.. Even I've never had a team like that. Even if it's only 5 pokes, props to you.

On an offensive perspective, your team seems balanced. While Pidgeot, Primeape, and Blastoise aren't extraordinarily strong, Mewtwo and Articuno make up for it. Pidgeot and Primeape are deadweight unless they score super effective hits IMO, though. Anyways, Ice is a very strong attacking type, and while Articuno isn't all that strong offensively, not much does resist Ice. And what does, is pummeled by the rest of your team. Shame Articuno is only good for support, and can't set up a sweep.

You also have a 3-2 balance for physical and special attackers, which is always a good thing. Special attacks are always the best possible things to employ if you have a special wall counter, which Primeape can ably handle most likely. Unfortunatly, special walls with odd types(psychic, steel, etc.)can stall your team very easily, which can be a huge problem. Also on that note, while your pokemon's STAB moves often are hard to resist, if they are you can run out of options quick. Most pokes on your team don't vary too much in offensive move types. This can really ruin you if you ever face a defensive team.

On a defensive perspective, the 3 x weakness to Electric truly is a nuisance, but as long as the enemy doesn't have a sweeper that sets up with electric moves and STAB on those moves(like Raikou, which would literally dominate your team), you'll be fine since you don't boast any double weaknesses. This lets you switch in very freely, usually without too much to fret over. Articuno and Blastoise are also pretty bulky, specifically Articuno. Very sad they're both weak to Electric.. You need to be wary of electric moves, definatly.

On a speed perspective, Primeape, Pidgeot, and Mewtwo are all quite fast, specifically Mewtwo. While there are faster pokes, you aren't slouching in speed, which is a good thing to cover. Again, as long as electric types don't try to sweep, you should have the speed to hopefully stop them.

Overall, note a bad team. But I wouldn't say it's that good either. But hey, that's what you'd expect from an ingame team. You've still got my respect for not having any 2+ weaknesses to anything but electric, which is often a rare move type anyways for sweepers.

Last edited:
You also don't double up on ANY other weakness, which is practically unheard of these days.. Even I've never had a team like that. Even if it's only 5 pokes, props to you.
Yay! I'm special.

Fixed the spelling! :thumbsup:

Alright, I'll start with typing. ..To be honest, this team is pretty bad in terms of weaknesses. You've got a triple rock weakness, one of which is 4x(Charizard), and you've only got one resist to it(Aggron), not a good start. Next, you have two Ice and Fighting weaknesses each, all of which are 4x. You have two Ice resists in Blastoise and Aggron. Fighting is covered with 3 resists in Dragonite, Salamence, and Charizard, however.

Unfortunatly, since all 3 of them have a 4x weakness, they're easily dispatched of(especially Charizard). This means your team can fall apart relatively quickly, so you need to play very catiously.

You also have a 3x water weakness on Charizard, Aggron, and Tyranitar. Aggron is easily dispatched by bulky water types, especially swampert who can hit it with Special water moves, AND a 4x effective Earthquake. With Aggron gone, you lose a lot of resists. And with 2 4x weaknesses, Aggron doesn't stick around long. That's a big weakness right there.

While you have 3 resists to water on the rest of your team, whenever you have 3 2x weakness or two 4x weaknesses of the same type, no matter how many resists you have, it's not good enough. Sorry to say, but your team is very prone to being pummeled with weakness-based attacks, which can disassemble it very quickly.

On an offensive perspective, your pokes should be able to fan a wide variety of offensive moves. Many of your pokes can set up sweeps as well - unfortunatly, the ones best at this(Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence)have 4x weaknesses. I assume you rely on brute offense rather than setting up a sweep?

Another note: you lack a lot of power in special attacks, your strongest special attacker is Salamence with 350 Sp. atk, which isn't very strong considering what others can achieve. I don't think your Salamence is all Special attacks either, which leaves you weak to something like Skarm Bliss(skarm soaks up nearly your entire team, while the rest of your team is easily walled by any special walls).

One final area, speed. Your pokes are all relatively slow, the fastest being either Charizard or Salamence(they have equal speed base stats), both of which aren't very fast and have 4x weaknesses.

Not to be rude, but my Special Salamence could sweep your entire team with just Dragon Pulse and Choice Specs, and I doubt you'd move first any of the time since mine is quite fast. Aggron might resist Dragon, but his terrible Sp. def lets him get 2HKO'd, most likely.

On pen and paper, your team isn't very good, sorry. Once you get Platinum, I highly recommend getting some faster pokes, and stronger special attackers. And one final note: remember, this is just a personal opinion. Don't take it too seriously! :thumbsup:

ha ha i know i figured it would have been i looked up the stats before i chose the team but like i said i never really chose my team thinking that i wanted them to be good i chose my favorite pokemon :]

ha ha sounds lame i'm sure but when platinum comes out i'll put together a team specifically to beat you ok ck :] assuming i chose the ds and game ha ha. still haven't made up my mind.

My Lg team:

Espeon Lv 79
Flareon Lv 78
Kingdra Lv 79
Magneton Lv 78
Dragonite Lv 78
Rhydon Lv 78

Please rate CK kthnxbye

Back